As part of our vision to become a truly global tech company, we are building out local, autonomous, cross-functional teams that can take an aspect of our product and perfect it from concept to execution. In Payments Tribe our goal is to build a global financial ecosystem while turning transactions into interactions. We are passionate about our product and the vision of bringing new payment solutions to small merchants.
If you believe high quality software is the right kind of software, and strive to participate in its creation from conception and through development, the SumUp team is the right place for you. As a Quality Engineer with us, you will have your problem solving skills challenged with new and interesting topics, while you keep expanding your technical knowledge in an agile environment.
What you’ll be doing in this position
- You will be driving the mobile testing initiatives in terms of tooling, automation and good practices while working with others to share your knowledge and expertise
- You will be working in a cross-functional squad along with developers, POs, etc.
- You'll be responsible for the quality of the products your squad creates, including, but not limited to, executing testing strategies;
- You'll ensure that your squad follows the quality guidelines set by the QA chapter and that these guidelines are adequate for your squad’s specific needs;
- You'll deal with issues reported from end customers, including investigation, communication and delivery of fixes.
- You have Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science/Information Technology;
- You have extensive experience working as a Quality Engineer;
- Experience in manual and automated testing of mobile applications is a must;
- Experience with simulators, emulators, network and automation tools for mobile applications;
- You have professional experience with web applications & REST services testing;
- You have basic programming knowledge in a high-level language;
- Knowledge in SQL
- Experience with CI and/or DevOps skills will be considered a great advantage;
- Experience in FinTech will be considered a plus;
- You are a proactive, focussed and communicative person;
- You are fluent in English - you'll be part of a truly global company!
- A startup work environment, passionate, collaborative and results oriented;
- Empowerment of employees to fulfil their role in the organisation;
- Hackathon events where the tech teams from Berlin, Sofia, São Paulo and Cologne gather together in different locations;
- Opportunity to attend professional trainings and conferences;
- We get together regularly for breakfasts, game nights and office parties;
- Wellness benefits: yoga classes, subsidised gym membership, office massages;
- 23 days paid vacation + 1 accumulative day for each year of employment at SumUp;
- Additional health insurance.
SumUp is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. SumUp does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, colour, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age or any other basis protected by applicable laws or prohibited by Company policy. SumUp also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind