At SumUp, we are driven to empower small businesses across the globe by de-hassling their lives and helping them to succeed. Our vision as a global FinTech company is to build the first-ever global card acceptance brand, and we are well on our way as small businesses in over 31 countries around the world rely on SumUp to get paid. Our boldness, startup mindset, empathy and love for product foster a creative environment for our employees. We value an entrepreneurial spirit and seek to build lasting relationships among our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can help small businesses grow. To get there we are putting together an awesome team that is committed to one another and to our merchants. You could be our missing link! Help us bring card acceptance to the masses!
As a DevOps Engineer, you will be working alongside other developers to design tools that assist in the development of applications, but also allow development teams to deploy and run their applications in production. Our main tools are: Amazon Web Services, Docker, Kubernetes, Jenkins, Prometheus, GitHub.
We're looking for someone that is enthusiastic about new technologies, who's excited about collaborating with other engineers, who enjoys taking ownership of their work, who wants to help us think about and design new infrastructure solutions, who wants to introduce new technology ideas, and who is eager to learn and self-improve.
In this role you will:
- Ensure availability of Production and Development systems
- Manage CI/CD systems and help developers with continuous testing process
- Research, analyze, implement and maintain new technology solutions for infrastructure
- Closely work with the development teams to improve rollout and deployment of new product features and installations to facilitate our fast paced and exponential growth
- Follow the IaC paradigm and therefore automate, automate and automate…
What you'll bring along:
- 5+ years experience with web services administration on Linux
- Hands-on scripting with shell and some knowledge of Python/Ruby/Golang
- English is mandatory as you'll be part of a truly global organization
- Proficiency with AWS
- Good knowledge of Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with monitoring highly available systems
- Experience with automation tools (Ansible, Terraform, Packer, or similar)
- Some experience with CI/CD tools like Jenkins or GitLab CI
It's a plus if you have experience with:
- Monitoring and logging systems like Graylog / Elasticsearch / Prometheus
- Networking & Security standards
- PostgreSQL and Redis
- Apache Kafka
- Experience with Atlassian tools
- Be part of one of world’s most exciting startups, on a mission to take over the world.
- We have a close, welcoming and international community. We get together regularly for brunches, cocktail nights, football, office parties.
- Education budget for attending conferences and advancing your career. We encourage you to speak at conferences and give talks!
- SumUp Corporate Pension Scheme
- Free German classes
- Free Yoga classes
- Football, Running teams & Bouldering teams
- Semi-annual off-sites, where the tech teams from Berlin, Sofia, and São Paulo gather together. In the past we've gone to Bulgaria and Greece and a castle in the German countryside.
- All the startup swag you expect: kicker table, unlimited drinks & fruits
SumUp is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. SumUp does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age or any other basis protected by applicable laws or prohibited by Company policy. SumUp also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind.