We believe in the everyday hero. Those who have the courage to follow their passion and who have the strength and determination to realize their dreams. Small business owners are at the heart of all we do, so we're creating powerful, easy-to-use financial solutions to help them run their business. With a founders mentality and a 'team-first attitude' our diverse teams across Europe, South America, and the United States work together to ensure that small business owners can be successful doing what they love.
Our team of 20 designers is split into two general departments covering Product and Brand design. Product Designers work in collocated cross-functional teams with designers situated in Berlin, Sofia and Saõ Paulo producing solutions for native mobile, web and our bespoke hardware. Recently, we spent some time developing our Design System; Circuit UI and redesigning our primary mobile app on iOS, as well as a bunch of other product features and improvements.
We pride ourselves on our close collaboration, transparency, fun-loving nature & most importantly; placing our merchant-base of over 1 million global business owners (36+ languages) at the heart of each and every decision we make.
What you're going to do
As Product Designer you will be joining one of our cross functional teams and collaborate closely to create simple yet beautiful solutions which cater to our merchants real life problems. You will become an expert in your specific domain, turning new features for our mobile and web applications from concept into reality. Your empathic thought process and research skills will help you understand the users problems and make sure we're delivering the right products and features.
- You have 3+ years experience as a UX & UI Designer
- You know the common design tools and services (we mainly use Figma)
- Your excellent communication and presentation skills will help you collaborate with team members from a wide range of countries and cultures
- You have experience in working in an agile environment and the ability to adapt quickly to changing product priorities
- Knowledge of frontend technologies (e.g., CSS, HTML, JS), experience with prototyping tools or motion design is a plus
- You are comfortable in English. Any other language is a bonus.
- Flat hierarchies and the opportunity to have an impact, irrespective of your job description.
- Our office has a strong sense of community; we get together regularly for breakfasts, brunches, soccer and yoga lessons.
- Our team comes from 50 different countries building a fun, international environment.
- 23 days paid vacation + 1 accumulative day for each year of employment at SumUp
- Additional health insurance
We'd be happy to receive your application including your resume and portfolio that demonstrates your experience.
SumUp is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. SumUp does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age or any other basis protected by applicable laws or prohibited by Company policy. SumUp also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind.