We are the leading mobile point-of-sale (mPOS) company in Europe. Our vision as a global FinTech company is to build the first-ever global card acceptance brand, and we are well on our way as small businesses in over 31 countries around the world rely on SumUp to get paid. Our boldness, startup mindset, empathy and love for product foster a creative environment for our employees. We value an entrepreneurial spirit and seek to build lasting relationships among our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can help small businesses grow. To get there we are putting together an awesome team that is committed to one another and to our merchants. You could be our missing link! Help us bring card acceptance to the masses!
As a Data warehouse developer at SumUp you will build and scale our data warehouse while working closely with our business analysts team.
What you’ll be doing in this position:
- Design, develop, and maintain data warehouse and analytics architecture to meet business analysis and reporting needs
- Participate in development and maintenance of ETL jobs and data pipelines to fill data warehouse from production databases, cloud platforms and various external data sources
- Design and develop data marts
- Manage data quality
- Optimize and scale data warehouse and data processing infrastructure
- Contribute to development of data analytical and self-learning applications
What you'll bring along:
- 5+ years of related job experience
- Very good knowledge of SQL and RDBMS procedural languages (pl/pgSQL, PL/SQL, T-SQL etc.)
- Experience with cloud based data warehouses (Redshift, BigQuery, etc.)
- Knowledge of data modelling, normalization, denormalization, design of data warehouse and data marts
- Good programming skills. Knowledge of Python
- Experience with Data Warehouse scaling
- Experience of making ETL jobs, knowledge of ETL tools
The following skills would be an advantage:
- Knowledge in the field of BI, data science, analytics or statistics
- Experience in reporting, data analysis and data visualisation
- Hands on experience with AWS
- Knowledge of Spark, PySpark, R
Why work for SumUp?
- Be part of one of world’s most exciting startups, on a mission to take over the world
- We have a close, welcoming and international community of 1200 people from over 50 nationalities. We get together regularly for brunches, cocktail nights, football, office parties
- Visa and relocation support for a smooth transition to living and working in Berlin
- Budget for attending conferences and advancing your career. We encourage you to speak at conferences and give talks!
- Weekly Lunch and Learn session, where the local engineering team exchanges ideas over company-sponsored lunch
- Semi-annual off-sites, where the tech teams from Berlin, Sofia, and São Paulo gather together. In the past we've gone to Bulgaria and Greece and a castle in the German countryside
- Football & Running teams
- SumUp Corporate Pension Scheme
- Free German classes & Yoga classes
- All the startup swag you expect: kicker table, unlimited drinks & fruits
We are looking forward to receiving your application! If you want to know what it’s like to work at SumUp, check out our careers page at https://sumup.com/careers.
SumUp is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. SumUp does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age or any other basis protected by applicable laws or prohibited by Company policy. SumUp also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind.