In the position as iOS Developer in SumUp you have the opportunity to work closely with product and design departments to build features that are maintainable, usable, and beautiful.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
- You’ll shape the core experience of merchants who are using our iOS app on a daily basis.
- In the first few weeks, you'll dive into the code and learn how to create clean, composable components in our codebase. You'll use this knowledge to start developing and refining features.
- In the first three months, you'll develop major features that impact our merchant base.
- By the end of your first year, you'll have a wealth of knowledge about our complex problem domain, as well as its implications in the interface and in the backend – and how to manage it in a clean way. You'll have launched numerous features in the iOS app as well as in the iOS SDK.
YOU'LL BE A GREAT FIT FOR THIS POSITION IF:
- You are comfortable with Objective-C, Swift, and the iOS system frameworks.
- You know what to test, why to test it, and how to write flexible tests that won't break.
- You care about user interaction, usability, and of course, making the interface beautiful.
- You strive for clean code, but also know how to make your "shortcuts" easy to delete in a crunch.
- You love coding and take the time to reflect on all aspects of your implementation, be it the frameworks, languages, or processes.
- You also know how to get things done on the command line.
- You are not afraid to ask for help or to use Google when something is beyond your grasp.
- Your precise communication skills make working in a distributed team pleasant and efficient.
- Technology excites you and you strive to learn something new on a daily basis!
WHY YOU SHOULD JOIN SUMUP
- You’ll have the opportunity to make an impact as we work in flat hierarchies
- You’ll have the space to drive your career here and take ownership of projects
- You’ll have the chance to work on a diverse and international team
- Ability to attend global offsites/hackathons/team events
- Competitive compensation and education budget.
- Office relaxation activities such as yoga and massages.
- 23 days paid vacation + 1 accumulative day for each year of employment at SumUp.
- Additional health insurance.
If you want to know what it’s like to work at SumUp check our careers page at https://sumup.com/careers.
If there's something you'd like to ask, feel free to get in touch.
We believe in the everyday hero.
Small business owners are at the heart of all we do, so we're creating tools that help them run their business. With a founders mentality and a 'team-first attitude' our diverse teams across Europe, South America, and the United States work together to ensure that the small business owners we partner with can be successful in doing what they love.
SumUp is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. SumUp does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age or any other basis protected by applicable laws or prohibited by company policy. SumUp also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind.
SumUp will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate.