At SumUp, we are driven to empower small businesses across the globe and help them to succeed. We aim to build the first-ever global card acceptance brand and to get there we are putting together an awesome team that is committed to one another and to our customers. You could be our missing link! Help us bring card acceptance to the masses!
Through our boldness, startup mindset, empathy and our love for product, hundreds of thousands of small businesses in over 31 countries around the world rely on SumUp to get paid. We value entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building long-lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can help small businesses grow, lift up societies and sustain our environment.
As part of SumUp, you will develop state of the art POS (Point of sale) systems by working closely with our hardware, software, industrial design, marketing, finance, and executive teams to bring new features and products to market and to grow business opportunities. You will drive new features that deeply integrate hardware, software, and services. You will help create and drive the strategy, vision and roadmap, with a high degree of ownership over critical features and the customer experience. We are looking for someone customer obsessed and technology savvy - with a passion for consumer devices and the payment industry.
What you’ll be doing in this job
- Lead market research to launch new features and to define user requirements
- Define overall strategy, product roadmap and specifications for our POS (Point of sale) systems based on a long-term product vision, market needs and technical trends
- Work closely with key stakeholders, hardware, engineering, industrial design and product design teams to develop innovative products and to deliver the best experience to our merchants
- Own and manage product life cycle from inception through fast iterations to mass production
- A degree in electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, computer science, or a related technical discipline
- 5+ years of product management experience with a focus on consumer electronic devices
- Experience building and scaling B2B or B2C products from scratch
- Experience leading cross-functional teams to deliver products and projects
- MBA or direct experience in business operations experience
- Great communication and interpersonal skills to champion initiatives internally and externally, and for effective communication with executive management and external partners
- Proven track record of taking ownership and successfully delivering results in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Self-driven personality, flexible and entrepreneurial intellect with superb conceptual thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Willingness to travel
- We have a close, welcoming and international community of 1400 people from over 50 nationalities. We get together regularly for brunches, cocktail nights, football, office parties
- Budget for attending conferences and advancing your career. We encourage you to speak at conferences and give talks
- Visa and relocation support for a smooth transition to living and working in Berlin.
- SumUp Corporate Pension Scheme
- Semi-annual off-sites, where the tech teams from Berlin, Sofia, and São Paulo gather together. In the past we've gone to Bulgaria and Greece and a castle in the German countryside
- German classes
- Yoga classes
- Football, Bouldering & Running teams
- Urban Sport Club membership
- All the startup swag you expect: kicker table, unlimited drinks & fruits
SumUp is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. SumUp does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age or any other basis protected by applicable laws or prohibited by Company policy. SumUp also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind.