What we do:
We are a cloud-native SaaS machine data analytics platform, solving complex monitoring problems for DevOps, SecOps and ITOps teams. Customers love our product because it allows them to easily monitor and optimize their mission critical, large scale applications.
Democratize machine data analytics through the Sumo Logic platform, bringing real-time data insights securely through the cloud.
Our microservices architecture in AWS ingests hundreds of terabytes daily across many geographic regions. Millions of queries a day analyze hundreds of petabytes of data.
Funding and Growth:
We have received $235 million in funding to date. Investors include Greylock Partners, Sutter Hill Ventures, Accel Partners, Sequoia Capital, Sapphire Ventures and DFJ Growth. Our recurring revenue and customer base are growing steadily. We serve over 1,600 customers across the globe including AirBnB, Alaska Airlines, Anheuser Busch, Hootsuite, Hearst, Hudl, Major League Baseball, Marriott, Medidata, Sauce Labs, Samsung SmartThings, SPS Commerce, Twitter, Telstra, Toyota, Zuora and more.
The proliferation of machine log data has the potential to give organizations unprecedented real-time visibility into their infrastructure and operations. With this opportunity comes tremendous technical challenges around ingesting, managing, and understanding high-volume streams of heterogeneous data.
As our Senior Backend Developer Infrastructure Lead, you will lead a team of infrastructure engineers in the design, development and build new infrastructure capabilities. This person will be instrumental in helping us bring Sumo to next-level of scale on all fronts ranging from infrastructure to developer excellence.
- B.S. or higher in Computer Sciences or a related discipline
- 5+ years of industry experience with a proven track record of ownership and delivery
- Hands-on object-oriented programming experience (e.g., Java, Scala)
- Experience with AWS or other cloud services
- Experience with Linux
Nice to have:
- Experience with containers and orchestration (e.g., Docker, Kubernetes, Borg)
- Experience with Microservices development
- Experience in running large scalable distributed services
- Experience with NoSQL (e.g., Cassandra, MongoDB)
To apply, please submit your resume, no cover letter necessary. We encourage you to submit any work you have done in the open. (Open source contributions, GitHub repos, etc.)