The HR Director will play a pivotal role in developing and executing HR strategies that align with our business goals and foster a culture of growth, collaboration, and excellence.
- Provide trusted, proactive support to Sumo India-APAC leaders and employees, acting as a resource for guidance, information, and counsel.
- Using data to support everyday people partnering decisions and presenting data insights to the senior leadership team.
- Collaborate with the global HRBP and HR leadership team to ensure a consistent and cohesive HR approach across different regions.
- Develop and implement HR strategies that align with the organization's goals and objectives. Implement and lead annual cycles for Performance Management, Compensation, Engagement Surveys along with effective talent management practices, career development, and succession planning.
- Foster a positive and inclusive work culture that aligns with the company's values and encourages employee growth, collaboration, and innovation.
- Ensure that HR policies and practices are consistent with legal and regulatory requirements. Stay current and ensure compliance with regulations concerning employment. Manage and resolve complex employee relations issues.
- Lead and manage CSR strategy and initiatives for India that drive Sumo’s ERG and DEI strategy and engage employees with a sense of purpose.
- Ability to build strong, credible relationships and partner with managers locally and at Sumo’s headquarters across HR, G&A and business.
- Demonstrated ability to drive HR initiatives that support the business strategy and contribute to the achievement of organizational goals
- Solid understanding of Indian employment market and labor laws as they apply to a distributed tech workforce and employment market
- Strong strategic thinking, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
- Strong communication, presentation, interpersonal skills and team-work.
- Positive, can-do attitude, exhibiting openness and a solution-oriented approach to resolve challenges.
- Flexibility to attend meetings in mornings or evenings to accommodate global time-zones.
- Unquestioned integrity and ethics to handle sensitive and confidential situations and information.
- Min 10+ years of HR work experience
- Min HRBP experience of 5+ years and HR Site leadership experience or 2+ years
- Experience working with HQ and CXO leadership based outside of India (preferably in the USA).
- High degree of comfort and ability with MS-Excel/Google sheets to obtain insights in employee data and compensation.
- Experience with G-Suite is a plus.
- Experience in supporting one or more APAC countries is a plus.
- Experience in the tech industry/SaaS or related tech products is highly desirable.
- Functional HR background or expertise within an HR discipline such as Compensation, TA, is a plus.
- Masters Degree in Human Resources or related field is a plus
Sumo Logic, Inc. empowers the people who power modern, digital business. Sumo Logic enables customers to deliver reliable and secure cloud-native applications through its Sumo Logic SaaS Analytics Log Platform, which helps practitioners and developers ensure application reliability, secure and protect against modern security threats, and gain insights into their cloud infrastructures. Customers worldwide rely on Sumo Logic to get powerful real-time analytics and insights across observability and security solutions for their cloud-native applications. For more information, visit www.sumologic.com.