Senior Software Engineer (Full Stack)
Want to empower digital business through real-time analytics delivered as a service? Passionate about putting the power of machine data analytics in the hands of everyone by unifying all data types, enabling universal access and leveraging cloud economics – all this from a single, unified platform delivered and consumed as a service? Come talk with us!
We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced Senior Software Engineer (Full Stack) with a strong background in full stack development to join our team. As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be responsible for developing, testing, and deploying technical demos to showcase our products and services to customers and stakeholders. You will be responsible for collaborating with sales and marketing teams to understand customer requirements and create custom demos tailored to their needs. You will also need to collaborate with the entire breadth of the product teams for ensuring the successful adoption of the service and maintain a great feedback loop.
What you will do:
- Gain expertise of the modern Observability and Security concepts and how Sumologic is helping customers meet their goal of being reliable and secure.
- Design and implement extremely high-volume, fault-tolerant, scalable systems.
- Educate and Collaborate with teams during both design and development phases to ensure adherence to Sumo Logic’s Engineering Principles, and best practices.
- Mentor junior engineers and improve software development processes.
- Drive software characteristics such as flexibility, scalability, feasibility, reusability, and security.
- Evaluate requirements, define technical specifications, estimate development costs, review design and communicate to stakeholders.
- Partner with various teams across the globe to collect feedback, ensure adaptation of demo apps by teams, and learn about potential customers and their possible use cases.
- Helping the team hire the best people in the industry who fits into the team.
What you already have
- B.S. or M.S. Computer Sciences or related discipline.
- 5+ years of experience in full stack development.
- Technical skills:
- Experience working on backend and distributed systems
- Experience working with one of the public cloud services such as AWS, GCP, or Azure
- Strong proficiency in front-end technologies such as React or Angular and back-end languages such as Go, Scala, Python or Java
- Experience with Kubernetes and Docker.
- Knowledge of Agile development methodology.
- Good to have:
Experience in Security and Observability products
- Customer first attitude to decision making and work.
- Collaborative working style: You can work with other engineers/teams to come up with good decisions.
- Humility: You are aware of your skills, your limitations, and value other opinions as much as your own.
- Flexibility: You are willing to learn and change. Admit past approaches might not be the right ones now.
- Critical Thinking: You use your past experience, research and “outside-of-box” thinking to drill down to the fundamentals of a problem, and rationally assess the facts before jumping to conclusions.
- Proactivity: You take the lead, not wait for directions.
- Responsibility: You can be accountable, reliable, deliver and manage your time well.
- Curiosity: You have the willingness to learn about new tools and technologies not currently in the set of technologies used at Sumo Logic. Ability to dive deep into unknown territory and quickly reach proficiency with new technologies.
What we do:
We are a cloud-native SaaS machine data analytics platform, solving complex monitoring problems for DevOps, SecOps and ITOps teams. Customers love our product because it allows them to easily monitor and optimize their mission critical, large scale applications. Our microservices architecture in AWS ingests hundreds of terabytes daily across many geographic regions. Millions of queries a day analyze hundreds of petabytes of data.
Democratize machine data analytics through the Sumo Logic platform, bringing real-time data insights securely through the cloud.
After being in hypergrowth for the last few years, Our recurring revenue and customer base continue to grow steadily. We serve over 2,200customers (nearly 70,000 users) across the globe including Airbnb, Alaska Airlines, Anheuser Busch, Hootsuite, Hearst,Hudl, Major League Baseball, Marriott, Medidata, Sauce Labs, Samsung SmartThings, SPS Commerce, Twitter, Telstra,Toyota, Zuora and more.