Senior Director, Partner Sales - APJ
Sumo Logic engages customers with a Partner 1st sales motion with this role being responsible for building and executing the partner sales strategy across the APJ theatre, resulting in the achievement of set financial goals, most specifically Partner Sourced new bookings.
Sumo Logic’s partner strategy has a significant and expanding ecosystem that plays a critical role in helping drive customer value by creating reliable and secure digital businesses through its cloud-native SaaS platform. We are looking for a proven field partner sales leader that will be responsible for the development, execution, and expansion of our partner ecosystem across the Asia Pacific and Japan (APJ) theatre. This leader will manage the APJ partner & alliances team of partner sales managers covering our system integrators, channels, managed service providers, and cloud partnerships across the geo.
Success in this position requires the candidate to build a shared vision and plan for these partner relationships, drive effective co-sell with these partners and our field sales organization, accelerate solution and practice development, and drive partner services projects and solutions that ultimately lead to Sumo Logic consumption / revenue. The candidate will work across geo-field leadership, alliances, end-user sales and architects, marketing, professional services, operations, customer success, and other groups to ensure collective market success.
This position will report to the SVP of WW Partners & Alliances.
The Senior Director of Partners, APJ will be accountable for:
- Leading, hiring, and growing the partner sales teams covering core routes to market, including GSI/RSI, MSP, channels (Distribution & VAR), and cloud (AWS) partnerships across ANZ, ASEAN, India, Japan, and Korea
- Responsible for the development and territory coverage plan for the APJ partner ecosystem
- Aligning, supporting, and accelerating our GTM partner strategy with our APJ leadership team including our SVP of APJ, Solution Architect Director, Field Marketing, and Sales Operations
- Driving alignment between our partner sales managers and Sumo Logic’s APJ field organization, including building and executing our co-sell culture and creating win/win outcomes with our joint customers
- Collaborating with the Sumo Logic Solution Architect team to provide technical coverage of the APJ partner ecosystem and accelerate practice development
- Defining core constructs for managing the team including role definition, team KPIs, hiring / capacity planning, joint business planning, QBR cadence, and compensation planning
- Recruit and develop partners within the Sumo Logic partner program to build scale, address capacity gaps, and accelerate customer consumption with and through partners
- Inputs: deal registration, converted opportunities, Partner-sourced pipeline
- Outputs: Partner-sourced bookings (ACV/TCV), New Logo acquisition, Cross-sale wins
- Leadership: team performance, employee engagement and retention, contributions to overall Company strategy
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experienced builder of inspired teams that drive demonstrable growth in complex and evolving business environments
- Intimate knowledge of partner business models with a strong focus and understanding of partnering in cloud offering vendors
- Experience successfully managing field resources and Cloud partner relationships strongly encouraged
- Proven ability to achieve sales objectives and drive accurate forecasting of partner business
- Strong partner/services background building practices surrounding a technology preferred
- Data-driven decision maker highly capable of building financial justification for investment in Partner 1st go-to-market motion
- Growth mindset in an organization that is building out its partner DNA and ecosystem internationally
- Strong collaboration skills both within end-user sales and professional services leadership, as well as partner, corporate, and strategy leaders
- 10+ years of a mix of partner management and partner sales experience
- Ability to travel 50%+ of the time when the timing is appropriate and safe
Sumo Logic, Inc. (NASDAQ: SUMO) empowers the people who power modern, digital business. Through its SaaS analytics platform, Sumo Logic enables customers to deliver reliable and secure cloud-native applications. The Sumo Logic Continuous Intelligence Platform™ helps practitioners and developers ensure application reliability, secure and protect against modern security threats, and gain insights into their cloud infrastructures. Customers around the world rely on Sumo Logic to get powerful real-time analytics and insights across observability and security solutions for their cloud-native applications. For more information, visit www.sumologic.com.