**This role can be remote - from anywhere in Italy**
What you will do:
- Design & develop content such as parsers, Dashboards, and searches for the Sumo Logic platform to provide security detection, monitoring, and analytics capabilities for our customers.
- Create the next-generation suite of security monitoring and analytics log & metric applications.
- Work with several groups within the company (product management, product engineering, customer service, sales engineering) as well as customers and technical partners.
- Package and build content into applications, create automation scripts for these applications via Terraform or CloudFormation based on Sumo Logic’s API.
- Manage the application development lifecycle from requirements through development, to QA and public release.
- Work closely with product management and engineering teams to improve overall customer experience and product quality.
Required Qualifications, Skills, and Experience:
- Fluent written and oral communication in English.
- Ability to write regular expressions and SQL queries.
- Experience with some of the following: major cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, GCP), automation frameworks (Puppet/Chef), Hadoop, Docker, NoSQL databases, server virtualization.
- Willingness to lead junior members and provide mentorship for complex projects.
- Knowledge of Git, Jenkins, and software engineering processes is a plus.
- Experience writing scripts in at least one of the following languages: Python, Ruby, Unix shells.
- Experience inspecting and interpreting log messages.
Nice To Have:
- Hands-on experience working with Enterprise security threat detection products (SIEM/SOAR/SOC/XDR) is a plus.
- Experience generating security-related reports or dashboards.
- Experience developing content with an enterprise security product.
- What we do: We are a cloud-native SaaS machine data analytics platform - logs, time series metrics, and security analytics. We were founded in 2010 by experts in log management, big data, security systems, and enterprise-scale applications. Customers love our product because it allows them to easily monitor and optimize their mission-critical, large scale applications.
- Our Customers: We serve DevOps, SecOps and ITOps teams. Customers love our product because it allows them to easily monitor and optimize their mission-critical, large scale applications.
- Mission: Democratize machine data analytics through our platform, bringing real-time data insights securely through the cloud.
- Massive Scale: Our microservices architecture in AWS ingests hundreds of terabytes daily across many geographic regions. Millions of queries a day analyze hundreds of petabytes of data.
What you can expect:
- Competitive compensation + bonus
- Stock (RSUs) + ESPP
- New MacBook Pro
- You can work 100% remote or in office - your choice
- Meal vouchers
- Working in an experienced, international team
- Working on an exciting SaaS product