Staff Site Reliability Engineer
Ideally Noida/Bangalore but we are open to remote anywhere in India
Summary of role
Own availability, the most important product feature, by continually striving for sustained operational excellence of Sumo’s planet-scale observability and security products. Work with your global SRE team to optimize operations, increase efficiency in our use of cloud resources and our developer’s time, harden security posture, and increase feature velocity of our developers. Work closely with multiple teams on assisted engagements to optimize the operations of their microservices.
- Continually improve the lifecycle of microservices and architectural components from inception and design, through deployment, operation, and refinement.
- Participate in defining, evolving, and managing SLOs
- Write code and automation to reduce operational workload, increase efficiency, improve security posture, eliminate toil, and enable Sumo’s developers to deliver features more rapidly.
- Scale systems sustainably through mechanisms like automation, and evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity.
- Facilitate blame-free root cause analysis meetings for incidents to learn and drive improvement
- Participate in and continually improve our global IRC (incident response coordination) for all products.
- Drive root cause identification and issue resolution with the various teams.
- Work inside of a fast-paced iterative environment.
Required Qualifications and Skills
- Cloud native application development experience leveraging best practices and design patterns
- Strong debugging and trouble-shooting skills across the entire technology stack
- Deep understanding of AWS Networking, Compute, Storage, and managed services.
- Competency with modern CI/CD tooling like Kubernetes, Terraform, Ansible & Jenkins
- Experience with full life cycle support of services, from creation to production support
- Versed in Infrastructure as Code practices using technologies like Terraform or Cloud Formation
- Ability to author production ready code in at least one the following: Java, Scala or Go.
- Experience with Linux systems and at home on the command line
- Understand and apply modern approaches to cloud-native software security
- Experienced with agile frameworks, such as Scrum and Kanban, and how to operate within these frameworks to continually deliver value.
- Flexible and willing to step into new roles and responsibilities
- Willingness to learn and use Sumo Logic products for solving reliability and security issues
- Bachelor’s or Master's Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or another scientific or technical discipline
- 8+ years of industry experience.
- Experience using Sumo Logic products or other observability products for reliability and security
- Experienced with planet scale product development
- Running and operating SaaS products on AWS Cloud with expert level proficiency
- Experience with streaming technologies like Kafka, Kafka Streams, or KSQL
- Expert level experience in one or more of: Java, Go, Scala, or Python
- Expert level experience in one or more of: Terraform, Jenkins, Kubernetes
- Extensive experience running and tuning JVM workloads at scale
Sumo Logic, Inc. (NASDAQ: SUMO) empowers the people who power modern, digital business. Through its SaaS analytics platform, Sumo Logic enables customers to deliver reliable and secure cloud-native applications. The Sumo Logic Continuous Intelligence Platform™ helps practitioners and developers ensure application reliability, secure and protect against modern security threats, and gain insights into their cloud infrastructures. Customers around the world rely on Sumo Logic to get powerful real-time analytics and insights across observability and security solutions for their cloud-native applications. For more information, visit www.sumologic.com.