Product Marketing Manager, Security
Sumo Logic is looking for an experienced product marketer to join our security product marketing team. Reporting to the Director of Product Marketing, Security, this Product Marketing Manager, Security role will focus on building out compelling content that articulates the value and benefits Sumo Logic delivers through our cloud-native security platform and our Cloud SIEM offering.
This role will provide strategic planning and tactical execution of content development, sales enablement and customer engagement. The person in this role will be an expert on our buyers—who they are, how they buy and their key buying criteria. This role will collaborate with the product management, demand generation, content, and marketing comms teams to develop product positioning and messaging that resonate with our target buyer and practitioner personas.
- Develop go-to-market plans designed to promote and demonstrate the value of Sumo Logic’s security solutions, ultimately driving demand
- Create compelling use-case specific messaging and content, collaborating with other subject matter experts across Sumo Logic
- Design and develop technical and non-technical sales and marketing collateral including, but not limited to, presentations, blogs, solution briefs, white papers, explainer videos, and webinars
- Develop and deliver sales enablement training to internal Sumo Logic and partner sales teams
- Present our solutions in formal and informal settings with prospects, customers, partners, and service providers
- Evangelize Sumo Logic security solutions and speak at tradeshows and industry conferences as needed
- Become the trusted advisor and subject matter expert for all customer-facing personnel when they have questions, concerns, and feedback on products, solutions, and use cases
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- 5+ years of security product marketing experience with at least 2 years of experience in a market-facing role (e.g., delivering presentations to customers and prospects, speaking on public webinars, conducting competitor analysis or market research)
- Experience working in SIEM, log management, cybersecurity, behavioral analytics or related industries
- Excellent understanding of cloud solutions, including cloud architecture and the related sales motion
- Proven ability to work cross-functionally within product management, business development, sales, and marketing teams, along with technology partners, resellers, and distributors
- Exceptional written and oral communication and strong public speaking and presentation skills
- Technical undergraduate or graduate degree in cybersecurity, computer science, business computer systems, networking, IT management, marketing or equivalent real world experience with a security vendor
- Direct experience with enterprise product marketing or solution marketing for cloud-native platforms or cybersecurity products
- Former security operations experience considered a plus
- SANS/GIAC, ISC2 or other security certification(s) considered a plus
- Pragmatic Institute Certified (PMC) III (or higher) considered a plus
- Experience with value-based selling and customer-driven marketing
Sumo Logic, Inc. (NASDAQ: SUMO) empowers the people who power modern, digital business. Through its SaaS analytics platform, Sumo Logic enables customers to deliver reliable and secure cloud-native applications. The Sumo Logic Continuous Intelligence Platform™ helps practitioners and developers ensure application reliability, secure and protect against modern security threats, and gain insights into their cloud infrastructures. Customers around the world rely on Sumo Logic to get powerful real-time analytics and insights across observability and security solutions for their cloud-native applications. For more information, visit www.sumologic.com.