VP of Analytics and Business Insights
We are looking for a Vice President of Analytics and Business Insights to help build out and lead the Analytics and Insights function within SumoLogic. The role will report to the CFO and will lead the company in adopting central data management and business intelligence capabilities to enable better business decisions and support our growth and scale. This includes consolidating historically disparate data archives, data architecture, nomenclature, data integration, and governance. In this cross-company leadership role, you will lead the company in becoming a data-driven global enterprise.
- As a key leader for SumoLogic's Analytics and Business Insights function, this role will lead the organization that enhances and delivers actionable insights to enable better business decisions
- You will build and mature fundamental capabilities, skills and performance to prepare and support our growth and scale
- You’ll build a culture of unified data insights that enable efficient business decision making
- You will work with key business partners to establish automated and governed data, evolve how we work, increase use of predictive models and AI/ML, and create innovative solutions to improve customer and employee experience and outcomes
- Lead business analytics and initiatives that generate real time insights for the business
- Partner with IT to build and run the technical infrastructure, data platform and visualization technologies for enterprise analytics
- Drive business analytics technology & roadmap in collaboration with key partners
- Provide recommendations with objective and actionable insights to senior and executive management.
- Build strong relationships in order to strengthen data culture and analytics team integration into key processes
- Use SumoLogic technology where appropriate
- Outstanding understanding of business drivers and how to drive value to the customer
- Exceptional change leadership capabilities with demonstrated success leading organizational change
- Highly developed communication skills with the ability to story-tell using data and influence executive leadership
- 10+ years in business intelligence, analytics, data warehouse, data science, machine learning, AI or related disciplines
- Proven leadership building capabilities across all disciplines of analytics, data science and data engineering
- Desire to roll-up-the-sleeves and implement best practices, processes, and structures to amplify the outputs of the team
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, cross-functional environment that regularly integrates with multiple stakeholders
- Experience with cloud operating environments, preferably AWS
- Experience building and working with a geographically distributed team
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, BI, Data or equivalent experience, MBA preferred
Sumo Logic, Inc. (NASDAQ: SUMO) empowers the people who power modern, digital business. Through its SaaS analytics platform, Sumo Logic enables customers to deliver reliable and secure cloud-native applications. The Sumo Logic Continuous Intelligence Platform™ helps practitioners and developers ensure application reliability, secure and protect against modern security threats, and gain insights into their cloud infrastructures. Customers around the world rely on Sumo Logic to get powerful real-time analytics and insights across observability and security solutions for their cloud-native applications. For more information, visit www.sumologic.com.