- Design and implement extremely high-volume, fault-tolerant, scalable backend systems that process and manage petabytes of customer data.
- Analyze and improve the efficiency, scalability, and reliability of our backend systems.
- Write robust code; demonstrate its robustness through automated tests.
- Work as a member of a team, helping the team respond quickly and effectively to business needs.
- B.Tech, M.Tech, or Ph.D. in Computer Science or related discipline
- 2-4 years of industry experience with a proven track record of ownership
- Experience in building backend services for handling data at large scale.
- Understand the performance characteristics of commonly used data structures (maps, lists, trees, etc).
- Hands-on object-oriented programming experience (e.g., Java, Scala, C++ etc)
- Experience in multi-threaded programming and distributed systems is highly desirable.
- Experience in big data and/or 24x7 commercial service is highly desirable.
- You should be happy working with Unix (Linux, OS X).
- Familiarity with one of the public cloud platforms (e.g., AWS, GCP, Azure etc)
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Agile software development experience (test-driven development, iterative and incremental development) is a plus.
- Enjoy working in an environment where stuffed squirrels and rubber bands are occasionally hurled at you.
To apply, please submit your resume, no cover letter necessary. We encourage you to submit any work you have done in the open. (Open source contributions, GitHub repos, etc.)
About Us: https://app.box.com/v/SLGeneralDossier
· What we do:
We are a cloud-native SaaS machine data analytics platform, solving complex monitoring problems for DevOps, SecOps and ITOps teams. Customers love our product because it allows them to easily monitor and optimize their mission critical, large scale applications.
· Massive Scale:
Our microservices architecture in AWS ingests hundreds of terabytes daily across many geographic regions. Millions of queries a day analyze hundreds of petabytes of data.
Democratize machine data analytics through the Sumo Logic platform, bringing real-time data insights securely through the cloud.