* Role can be remote - from anywhere in Poland
At Sumo Logic, we are building a data platform designed to power the analytics and investigations that are common in the Security Operation Centers of large enterprises. It is designed to accept hundreds of billions of events from security-relevant data sources (detection products, network sensors, log shippers, inventory systems) per day. It is cloud-native, with no plan to support an on-premise deployment. It is multi-tenant, and is designed to simultaneously process events from thousands of our customers. And, it is security-focused — it is designed to perform the kinds of stateful analyses that security analysts demand.
We are building this platform the way companies should — with proper prioritization, and with a live and demanding customer base. By joining as a Software Engineer on this team, you have the opportunity to make our vision a reality, one feature at a time.
What You Will be Doing
- Building, improving, maintaining, and scaling stream processing services.
- Writing quality code and doing code reviews for your team.
- Giving feedback on our standards. Holding your teammates to them.
- Collaborating with teammates on major feature designs. Sometimes, you will own features, sometimes others will.
- Helping our team grow organically. We value referrals. We value your feedback on candidates.
Who You Are
- You are a software engineer. (We treat our data systems as software systems, and engineer them accordingly.)
- You love working with data. (Small data. Big data. All the data.)
- You are excited to optimize for events per second (not requests per second).
- You have some experience or interest in working with the technologies we use: Kafka, RocksDB, ElasticSearch, JanusGraph, Postgres, Spark, HBase.
- You know (or you are willing to learn) Scala.
- You love collecting data about your software as much as writing software that collects data. We measure everything. We make data-driven decisions.
- You are collaborative. Nothing this hard can be accomplished by working alone. We work as a team.
- Ideally you have 9+ years of solid backend experience, exposure to our stack, and a computer science degree.
Why it’s worth applying
- Employment contract w/ 65% authorship costs.
- Strong engineering teams.
- Stock grant (RSUs).
- Quarterly bonus.
- $2000 / year educational budget for conferences + 2 extra days off.
- 4 extra days off / year - Sumo Wellness Days.
- Internal hack weeks and tech talks.
- You can work 100% remotely, from the office or in a hybrid model.
- Private healthcare for you and your family/partner.
- Life & medical insurance.
- Sports card.
- WFH budget.
- Free lunch when you work from the office (Warsaw or Krakow).
- Individual English lessons with a native speaker.