The Financial Analyst serves as the primary liaison between raw data and high-level executive decision making for the Go-To-Market team. The position provides routine and ad hoc financial analysis The Financial Analyst will report directly to the Sr. Director of FP&A and will partner closely with all the Sales and Marketing executives as well as sales operations teams to plan and prioritize supporting the company’s Go-To-Market initiatives. The ideal candidate has outstanding partnership and communication skills, handle multiple priorities, as well as the ability to deal with the ambiguity that comes in a fast-growing organization.
What you will be doing:
- Develop and monitor performance indicators, highlighting trends and analyzing causes of unexpected variances such as pipeline analysis, pricing. Work with team members to enhance global Sales and Marketing operational performance trends (historical and forecasted) using appropriate metrics.
- Assist in other ad-hoc analysis in partnership with Sales ops and presentation of strategic materials for Sales management.
- Collaborate with various functional departments and internally within Finance as appropriate.
- Analyze and report on financial results and key metrics – distilling/synthesizing key trends and assessing current and future business risk. Including analysis of commissions, quota setting, and S&M efficiency.
- Participate in strategic data analysis and research and modeling for senior company leadership
- Fulfill ad-hoc analytical requests as needed
What we need from you:
- Bachelors Degree in Finance or related relevant areas
- 2 to 5 years of related experience in investment banking or financial planning
- Be flexible! We love to change it up by using different technologies and need you to be open to new and different!
- Love to learn! To get the greatest solutions we need to continually explore what’s new and be willing to dive in and learn.
- Strong proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint - building financial and decision support models and reports
- Proven ability to form strong business partner relationships
- Clear and effective communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Self-starter that adapts well to change in a fast-paced, dynamic workplace
- Great attitude, willingness to perform and get things done
- Comfortable working with large data sets
Sumo Logic is the pioneer in continuous intelligence, a new category of software, which enables organizations of all sizes to address the data challenges and opportunities presented by digital transformation, modern applications, and cloud computing. The Sumo Logic Continuous Intelligence Platform™ automates the collection, ingestion, and analysis of application, infrastructure, security, and IoT data to derive actionable insights within seconds. More than 2,100 customers rely on Sumo Logic to build, run, and secure their modern applications and cloud infrastructures. Only Sumo Logic delivers its platform as a true, multi-tenant SaaS architecture, across multiple use-cases, enabling businesses to thrive in the Intelligence Economy.