Senior Solutions Engineer, Mid-Market
As a Senior Solutions Engineer, you will be the primary technical resource for our Mid-Market Accounts team. You will share your product and technical expertise through presentations, product demonstrations, and technical evaluations (Proof Of Values). As the technical expert, you will work with clients to understand their requirements and pain points, then design the right solution for their business needs. During the sales cycle you will guide clients through trials and POVs, demonstrating Sumo Logic’s ability to meet and exceed their requirements and building a positive relationship that will provide continuous value to our customers. Finally, you will have the opportunity to work cross-functionally with our Product Management and Engineering teams to share your knowledge and experiences to ultimately improve our business and our customers’ success.
The ideal candidate will have a broad technical background, with a minimum of 4 years experience in a Solutions Engineer role (or similar). While you will be working on a variety of use cases, the ideal candidate should have a strong security background with a deep understanding of security threats, solutions, security tools, and network technologies. In addition, hands-on experience architecting and deploying security tooling to on-premise and cloud environments is preferred.
We seek talent who wants to leverage their technical and people skills to help deliver solutions to clients directly and become a trusted advisor in the process. Above all else, you should be highly self-motivated and extremely curious to learn more Sumo Logic and the vast problems that it can solve.
- Partner with the Accounts Team to articulate Sumo Logic’s value proposition, vision, and strategy to customers
- Technically close complex opportunities through advanced competitive knowledge, technical skill, and credibility
- Understand and help orchestrate all phases of the sales cycle, including leading technical validations during the Proof of Value phase
- Be successful working with all levels of an organization, from executives down to individual developers and Site Reliability Engineers
- Deliver product and technical demonstrations of the Sumo Logic service
- Work cross functionally with Product Management and Engineering to improve the Sumo Logic service based on your experience with customers
- B.S. in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field; M.S. in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field (preferred)
- 4+ years as a Solutions Engineer (preferred), Solutions Architect (preferred), Implementation Consultant, Support Engineer, Site Reliability Engineer, or a Software Developer with experience leading projects and/or working with customers
- Hands on Knowledge of Security related products, technologies, and sources such as IDS/IPS, SIEM/Log Management, Network / Endpoint Security, Threat Detection, Incident Response, MSSP/MDR, Threat Feeds, CASB, etc
- Experience with leading and running technical validations like Proof of Value (preferred)
- Experience selling and working with pure SaaS solutions in multi-tenant architectures
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Microsoft Azure (certification is preferred)
- A broad background and understanding of technical infrastructure (servers, networking devices, storage, etc.)
- Modern application architecture (micro-services) understanding and experience working with Kubernetes, Docker, and/or Lambda (preferred)
- Experience with various monitoring tools like Splunk, Datadog, Elastic, New Relic, etc. (preferred)
- Comfortable working in a dynamic, fast-paced startup environment and experience at a successful startup (preferred)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, as well as business and technical acumen
About Us: https://app.box.com/v/SLGeneralDossier
· What we do:
We are a cloud-native SaaS machine data analytics platform, solving complex monitoring problems for DevOps, SecOps and ITOps teams. Customers love our product because it allows them to easily monitor and optimize their mission critical, large scale applications.
· Massive Scale:
Our microservices architecture in AWS ingests hundreds of terabytes daily across many geographic regions. Millions of queries a day analyze hundreds of petabytes of data.
Democratize machine data analytics through the Sumo Logic platform, bringing real-time data insights securely through the cloud.