Sr. Engineering Manager, Platform Services
Want to empower digital business through real-time analytics delivered as a service? Passionate about putting the power of machine data analytics in the hands of everyone by unifying all data types, enabling universal access and leveraging cloud economics – all this from a single, unified platform delivered and consumed as a service? Come talk with us!
As a Senior Manager, you will be responsible for the core platform as well as the platform security aspect of Sumo’s flagship product enabling the delivery of Operations Intelligence and Security Intelligence to our customers. You will help your team build systems and frameworks that are used by other teams in the company as well as build features used by our actual customers. This team is a center of excellence for APIs framework, applications framework, configuration automation, content management, identity and access management, session management, audit/health check framework, and more.
What you will do:
- Technical Leadership: Participate in and influence architecture and design reviews. Make architectural and implementation tradeoffs in order to meet project specifications while adhering to the project milestones and timeline objectives.
- Team Leadership: Build, mentor and grow a team of exceptional engineers adept at building extremely large-scale machine data analytics platform.
- Product Leadership: Define the product features development roadmap by collaborating with partners in Product, Design, and Operations. Set priorities.
- Execution, Delivery & Support: Break down roadblocks as well as manage communications with all stakeholders and dependent teams. Manage timely resolution of operational support issues. Cultivate a culture of continuous improvement through retrospection.
We would love to discuss your chops in:
- Object-oriented development (Scala/Java preferred)
- Microservice architectures / distributed systems (AWS experience is a plus)
- Large-scale data processing using recent tech stacks
- SQL/NoSQL database technologies
- Skills in effective communication and influencing team’s direction
We have to see:
- B.S. or higher in Computer Sciences or a related discipline (Masters preferred)
- 4+ years of experience in building and leading engineering teams including hiring, retaining, and managing performance.
- You have been a developer yourself with a minimum of 8 years of hands-on experience developing large scale data systems.
- Experience in supporting a 24x7 live multi-tenant commercial service is highly desirable.
To apply, please submit your resume, no cover letter necessary. We encourage you to submit any work you have done in the open. (Open source contributions, GitHub repos, etc.)
About Us: https://app.box.com/v/SLGeneralDossier
· What we do:
We are a cloud-native SaaS machine data analytics platform, solving complex monitoring problems for DevOps, SecOps and ITOps teams. Customers love our product because it allows them to easily monitor and optimize their mission critical, large scale applications.
· Massive Scale:
Our microservices architecture in AWS ingests hundreds of terabytes daily across many geographic regions. Millions of queries a day analyze hundreds of petabytes of data.
Democratize machine data analytics through the Sumo Logic platform, bringing real-time data insights securely through the cloud.