We are looking for someone who can lead the US payroll process for our multi-state payroll. In this role, you will partner closely with Finance and HR to ensure that processes and roles are aligned in order to support the Company’s rapid growth. You will also serve as a point of contact for all internal and external US payroll inquiries.
- Full-cycle processing of US payroll on a semi-monthly basis for 400+ employees working in over 35 states and assisting with International payroll, as needed.
- Provide guidance for compliance to various Federal, State, and Local payroll legislations, including tax withholding, garnishments, and key annual audits (e.g. 401(k) audit, worker’s compensation, external financial audit).
- Manage the timecard submission, approval process and follow up with managers on any timecard questions or issues.
- Prepare accounting journal entries and monthly reconciliations.
- Assist with maintaining the Payroll inbox and answering employee questions, serving as the main US payroll contact for all payroll related matters in a timely manner.
- Maintain payroll policies and procedures and ensure compliance with internal controls.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance/Accounting or equivalent major
- 3+ years experience in payroll with both exempt and nonexempt employees
- Paylocity, Netsuite and Fidelity experience a plus
- CPP / FPC certifications a strong plus
- Working knowledge of multi-state payroll processing best practices and procedures, relevant payroll related standards, regulations and other related requirements to process payroll timely and accurately.
- Intermediate to advance knowledge of MS Excel including but not limited to Vlookup, SUMIF, Pivot Tables, Index Formulas is required
- Strong communication (written and verbal) skills and attention to detail.
- Self-motivated, flexible, upbeat demeanor, and ability to stay organized in a fast-paced environment and work with a sense of urgency.
- Adhere to the highest ethical standards and unwavering integrity.
- Strong system and data flow knowledge with the ability to learn and adapt to new process flows and software technologies.
- Team-oriented approach – can participate as an effective team member as well as work cross-functionally with other organizations.
- Public company experience a plus
What we offer:
- With our multi state and international growth, we offer diverse and exciting work experience which will build a solid foundation for your career
- Opportunity to partner and learn about SOX and Stock compensation
- Exciting opportunity to develop new processes, procedures and policies as we evolve and grow in our journey as a public company.
About Us: https://app.box.com/v/SLGeneralDossier
- What we do:
We are a cloud-native SaaS machine data analytics platform, solving complex monitoring problems for DevOps, SecOps and ITOps teams. Customers love our product because it allows them to easily monitor and optimize their mission critical, large scale applications.
Democratize machine data analytics through the Sumo Logic platform, bringing real-time data insights securely through the cloud.
- Massive Scale:
Our microservices architecture in AWS ingests hundreds of terabytes daily across many geographic regions. Millions of queries a day analyze hundreds of petabytes of data.
Sumo Logic became a publicly traded company on the NASDAQ Index in 2020. We serve over 2,000 customers and 60,000+ users across the globe: AirBnB, Alaska Airlines, Anheuser Busch, Hootsuite, Hearst, Hudl, Major League Baseball, Marriott, Medidata, Sauce Labs, Samsung SmartThings, SPS Commerce, Twitter, Telstra, Toyota, Zuora and more.