Senior Software Development Engineer in Test
Role and Responsibilities:
- Design, develop, and maintain test cases for UI testing or/and backend testing.
- Contribute actively towards scalable Automation strategy & execution.
- Participate in functional, system, and regression testing activities
- Work closely with development teams to ensure exceptional test coverage
- Estimate and perform risk analysis on large features during sprint planning meetings
- Report project status defects report and verification, and issue escalation in a timely manner.
- Bachelors/Masters in Computer Science or related fields
- 5+ years experience in testing
- Experience with Enterprise-grade SaaS products
- Experience with Continuous Integration or Continuous Deployment a plus
- Experience with object-oriented languages, for example in Java, Python, Scala, Ruby, or C#
- Experience in working with Unix/Windows operating systems
- Familiar with QE processes
- Passion for testing with a “break it” mentality
- Familiar with test tools such as TestRails, Jira, JMeter, Selenium, etc
- Passion for cutting-edge technologies, complex problems, and breaking things.
- Ability to understand the Sumo Logic backend architecture in-depth clarity and precision in verbal and written communication
- Experience with testing large scale systems.
- Experience in big data and/or 24x7 commercial service is desirable.
- You should be happy working with Unix (Linux, OS X).
- Agile software development experience (test-driven development, iterative and incremental development) is a plus.
About Us: https://app.box.com/v/SLGeneralDossier
· What we do:
We are a cloud-native SaaS machine data analytics platform, solving complex monitoring problems for DevOps, SecOps and ITOps teams. Customers love our product because it allows them to easily monitor and optimize their mission critical, large scale applications.
· Massive Scale:
Our microservices architecture in AWS ingests hundreds of terabytes daily across many geographic regions. Millions of queries a day analyze hundreds of petabytes of data.
Democratize machine data analytics through the Sumo Logic platform, bringing real-time data insights securely through the cloud.
· Funding and Growth:
We have raised $345 million in funding to date, with the most recent round being May 2019. Investors include Battery Ventures, Greylock Partners, Sutter Hill Ventures, Accel Partners, Sequoia Capital, Sapphire Ventures and DFJ Growth. Our recurring revenue and customer base are growing steadily. We serve over 2,000 customers across the globe including AirBnB, Alaska Airlines, Anheuser Busch, Hootsuite, Hearst, Hudl, Major League Baseball, Marriott, Medidata, Sauce Labs, Samsung SmartThings, SPS Commerce, Twitter, Telstra, Toyota, Zuora and more.