Senior Distributed Systems Engineer
** Role can be remote
Complex modern applications demand flexible and powerful tools in order to help engineers to identify, resolve and prevent issues and outages. If you are interested in monitoring and operations, and you enjoy the challenges of building an efficient, cloud-based, multi-tenant, large-scale, low-latency platform - that’s the role for you!
You can join the team of experts responsible for building the product which processes and analyzes petabytes of machine data. You can build your expertise in the development of large-scale tools for monitoring and troubleshooting of production software systems and distributed systems development.
In the role your will:
- Build the system that runs our big data analytics platform in the AWS cloud.
- Design and implement extremely high-volume, fault-tolerant, scalable backend systems.
- Analyze and improve the efficiency and reliability of our backend systems.
- Write robust code; demonstrate its robustness through automated tests.
- Use technologies such as Kafka, Microservices, Redis, and Cassandra.
- Mentor and train other team members on design techniques, and coding standards.
- BSc or MSc in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology/Networking or related field
- 6+ years of experience as a Software Engineer, Software Developer or in a related role
- Multi-threaded programming
- Experience with real-time streaming workflow over large amounts of data
- Object-oriented programming using Java, Scala, Ruby, or C++
- Algorithms and performance characteristics of large distributed software systems
- Experience in design, implementation, and production operations