Sr. Engineering Manager - Metrics
Want to empower digital business through real-time analytics delivered as a service? Passionate about putting the power of machine data analytics in the hands of everyone by unifying all data types, enabling universal access and leveraging cloud economics – all this from a single, unified platform delivered and consumed as a service? Come talk with us!
As Sr. Engineering Manager on the Metrics team, you’ll work with our engineers to build the next generation platform for processing, analyzing, visualizing, and correlating vast quantities of heterogeneous machine data.
The ideal candidate is obsessed with the past, present, and future of monitoring and operations, and energized by the extreme challenges of building an efficient, cloud-based, multi-tenant, large-scale, low-latency platform that engineers depend upon in order to keep their mission-critical software running.
What will you be doing?
Team Leadership: Lead and grow a team of engineers adept at building extremely high-volume, fault-tolerant, scalable backend systems that process and manage time series data.
Technical Vision: Re-evaluate architecture choices on an ongoing basis, in anticipation of increased scale and ever-evolving technology to meet the demands of a rapidly growing business. Leverage technical skills to successfully analyze and improve the efficiency, scalability, and reliability of our backend systems.
Product Leadership: Define and execute the roadmap by collaborating with partners in Product, Design, and Operations. Serve as the team’s Scrum Master, breaking down roadblocks as well as managing communications with stakeholders and dependent teams. Create a culture of continuous improvement through retrospection.
- B.S. in Computer Sciences or related discipline (M.S., or Ph.D. is a plus).
- Minimum 8+ years of industry experience with a proven track record of ownership and delivery.
- Minimum 3+ years in a management role.
- Experience in multi-threaded programming and distributed systems.
- Object-oriented programming experience, for example in Java, Scala, Ruby, or C++.
- Experience with high volumes of data using the latest technologies such as Kafka, Kubernetes and Docker.
- Agile software development experience (test-driven development, iterative and incremental development).Experience in big data and/or 24x7 commercial service is highly desirable.
Democratize machine data analytics through the Sumo Logic platform, bringing real-time data insights securely through the cloud.
Funding and Growth:
We have raised $345 million in funding to date, with the most recent round being May 2019. Investors include Battery Ventures, Greylock Partners, Sutter Hill Ventures, Accel Partners, Sequoia Capital, Sapphire Ventures and DFJ Growth. Our recurring revenue and customer base are growing steadily. We serve over 2,000 customers across the globe including Alaska Airlines, Anheuser Busch, Hootsuite, Hearst, Hudl, Major League Baseball, Marriott, Medidata, Sauce Labs, Samsung SmartThings, SPS Commerce, Twitter, Telstra, Toyota, Zuora and more.