Director of Engineering - Search
As the Director of Engineering for Search, you will be a hands-on development leader for the team that owns our Core Search platform, query processing and ingest processing components. You will provide technical leadership and mentorship, encouraging professional and personal growth for each individual in the team. You will work with product management to set priorities for new product features as well as stakeholders outside of engineering, including customers, on technical matters.
The ideal candidate will have successfully led an engineering team focused on building large scale distributed systems, preferably around search, query processing, data infrastructure and data analysis.
- Provide technical leadership and mentoring for engineers in the team.
- Lead a team of software engineers and work as a member of the team.
- Create an environment to foster professional and personal growth of each individual engineer in the team.
- Become an expert in the core Sumo Logic technologies (Scala, AWS, Akka, Lucene, and service-oriented architectures).
- Help engineers to arrive at good designs by asking questions and working with other senior engineers in the engineering organization.
- Lead the team to provide production-ready system components and operation support to the SRE (Site Reliability Engineering) team; and systematically mature components to hand-off to the SRE team.
- Remove obstacles that prevent teams from achieving their goals.
- Work effectively with Product Management, Ops/SRE, and Customer Success to
- Drive product feature output for the Data Engine Team.
- Ensure timely response and resolutions to relevant site operations and support escalations.
- Previous experience with technical people management.
- Strong technical aptitude to lead an engineering team
- Ability to meet challenges under demanding conditions and keep calm under pressure.
- Organised and able to work with many people to deliver product features on tight schedules.
- BS / MS / PhD in Computer Science or related discipline.
- Agile development experience.
About Us: https://app.box.com/v/SLGeneralDossier
· What we do:
We are a cloud-native SaaS machine data analytics platform, solving complex monitoring problems for DevOps, SecOps and ITOps teams. Customers love our product because it allows them to easily monitor and optimize their mission critical, large scale applications.
· Massive Scale:
Our microservices architecture in AWS ingests hundreds of terabytes daily across many geographic regions. Millions of queries a day analyze hundreds of petabytes of data.
Democratize machine data analytics through the Sumo Logic platform, bringing real-time data insights securely through the cloud.
· Funding and Growth:
We have raised $345 million in funding to date, with the most recent round being May 2019. Investors include Battery Ventures, Greylock Partners, Sutter Hill Ventures, Accel Partners, Sequoia Capital, Sapphire Ventures and DFJ Growth. Our recurring revenue and customer base are growing steadily. We serve over 2,000 customers across the globe including AirBnB, Alaska Airlines, Anheuser Busch, Hootsuite, Hearst, Hudl, Major League Baseball, Marriott, Medidata, Sauce Labs, Samsung SmartThings, SPS Commerce, Twitter, Telstra, Toyota, Zuora and more.