Renewals Specialist - EMEA and Global Partners
As a part of the Sumo Logic Customer Success team, you will be responsible for achieving timely renewals for our EMEA customers and partner-owned accounts in the high-volume segment. Following a low-touch model, you will coordinate both automated outreach and direct interactions with our customer champions and procurement teams. You will also work alongside a Customer Success Engineer to drive successful adoption prior to and after the point of renewal, but doing it in a manner that scales for volume.
This is a quota-carrying role.
A successful candidate for this job will have good customer-facing skills, have an understanding of the subscription economy, and have a self-starting, proactive mentality given the number of accounts that will be assigned to you. You will be drafting and managing purchase agreements so being detail-oriented is an important trait. You should also be comfortable talking about commercial terms and can delicately navigate customer objections and demands.
This is an ideal position for someone who has a working knowledge of cloud technology, has already been in a SaaS renewal role in the past or is looking to move from an internal operations role to something more customer-facing.
- Driving renewals for the high volume segment of the Sumo Logic business
- Initial focus on EMEA and partner-led renewals, with expanded responsibilities after each quarter. Fully ramped, expect to take on roughly 150 renewals per quarter
- Create accurate forecasts and participate in bi-weekly account reviews
- Manage the transaction process from quote through PO
- Ability to discuss and close multi-year deals
- Handle billing disputes and questions
- Ensure that renewal conversations start a few months before renewal dates
- Work seamlessly with members outside of customer success: Account Executives, Partner Managers, Finance, Order Management, and Deal Desk
- Will learn to use Sumo Logic’s basic features and understand the Go-to-Market message
- Identify when technical guidance might be needed to secure a renewal
- 2+ years of experience in either a customer success, sales, or renewals SaaS role
- A college/university degree
- Excellent English communication skills (written and verbal)
- Familiarity with SFDC and Clari and the reporting features it offers
- Strong negotiation skills
- Enthusiastic, positive demeanor and professional customer service skills
- Ability to properly track tasks and ensure that all follow-up tasks are completed
- Comfortable with collaborating over Slack and Google Suite
- Familiarity with the SaaS buying cycle
- Experience with Zuora or Totango
- Knowledge of enterprise log management/SIEM products similar to Sumo Logic
- Other European language skills, preferably German, French, Italian or Spanish
About Us: https://app.box.com/v/SLGeneralDossier
· What we do:
We are a cloud-native SaaS machine data analytics platform, solving complex monitoring problems for DevOps, SecOps and ITOps teams. Customers love our product because it allows them to easily monitor and optimize their mission critical, large scale applications.
· Massive Scale:
Our microservices architecture in AWS ingests hundreds of terabytes daily across many geographic regions. Millions of queries a day analyze hundreds of petabytes of data.
Democratize machine data analytics through the Sumo Logic platform, bringing real-time data insights securely through the cloud.
· Funding and Growth:
We have raised $345 million in funding to date, with the most recent round being May 2019. Investors include Battery Ventures, Greylock Partners, Sutter Hill Ventures, Accel Partners, Sequoia Capital, Sapphire Ventures and DFJ Growth. Our recurring revenue and customer base are growing steadily. We serve over 2,000 customers across the globe including AirBnB, Alaska Airlines, Anheuser Busch, Hootsuite, Hearst, Hudl, Major League Baseball, Marriott, Medidata, Sauce Labs, Samsung SmartThings, SPS Commerce, Twitter, Telstra, Toyota, Zuora and more.