Sr. Manager, Technical Enablement
Want to empower digital business through real-time analytics delivered as a service? Passionate about putting the power of machine data analytics in the hands of everyone by unifying all data types, enabling universal access and leveraging cloud economics – all this from a single, unified platform delivered and consumed as a service? Come talk with us!
The charter of our Sales Enablement organization is to align our sales and marketing teams, forming joint goals and leveraging shared GTM plans with a focus upon improving sales performance. The Sr. Manager Technical Enablement position plays a key role in ensuring that the sales engineering, technical account management and customer success management teams are effective and continually improving to achieve these goals.
The Sales Enablement team is the lifeblood of Sumo’s growth and success. Our team builds and administers ongoing training in prospect engagement, product knowledge, technical knowledge and sales coaching in an effort to maximize our GTM teams’ effectiveness. This team helps develop content that is designed to simplify the selling process for both prospects and sales reps, while always looking for ways to improve these positive feedback loops that drive higher sales productivity.
*** This position is located in our Redwood City, CA headquarters office
What you'll be working on:
- Contributing your experience and expertise in creating a world-class technical enablement function at Sumo Logic
- Creating and running a structured onboarding program for sales engineers and other technical roles within the go-to-market teams
- Managing the technical enablement program calendar, including scheduling and meeting coordination
- Building and running sales engineering training bootcamps
- Improving ramp time to productivity of new hires by providing the training and tools essential for success
- Monitoring progress of new hires, conducting testing, and assessing the performance of teams to determine the impact of participation in our programs and aid in prioritizing enablement strategies, training, and tactics
- Project manage multiple, ongoing enablement programs and projects
- Work closely with product management, sales engineering, and other technical teams to drive technical enablement content
- Forming effective relationships with technical team leaders across Sumo Logic globally to effectively drive productivity through technical enablement programs
- Create sales-relevant technical content and resources ranging from presentations, video, audio podcasts, whiteboard diagrams and internal blog posts
- Host webcasts for sales and pre-sales employees
- 25% travel required, some international
Your experience and skills should include:
- Minimum of 5 years experience working in technical enablement, sales engineering or similar roles for a SaaS - Cloud company
- Knowledge of sales processes, methodologies and solution selling best practices
- Ability to synthesize large amounts of technology information and distill it down to what’s important for both a technical and sales audience
- Proven track record of scoping, building and executing technical enablement programs and content
- Background in DevSecOps and security solutions
- Strong presentation skills and a passion for storytelling
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills + strong presentation skills
- Proven ability to work independently to meet assigned MBOs
- Experience working with a variety of stakeholders / business units
- Background in cloud security solutions a huge plus
- Bachelor’s Degree a huge plus
Technology Skills & Experience
Salesforce.com, Mindtickle, Highspot, Google Sites, Google Applications, Microsoft Office, IOS, Android, and Mac OS, Linux, AWS, cloud-native technologies, DevSecOps
About Us: https://app.box.com/v/SLGeneralDossier
- What we do:
We are a cloud-native SaaS machine data analytics platform, solving complex monitoring problems for DevOps, SecOps and ITOps teams. Customers love our product because it allows them to easily monitor and optimize their mission critical, large scale applications.
- Massive Scale:
Our microservices architecture in AWS ingests hundreds of terabytes daily across many geographic regions. Millions of queries a day analyze hundreds of petabytes of data.
Democratize machine data analytics through the Sumo Logic platform, bringing real-time data insights securely through the cloud.
- Funding and Growth:
We have raised $345 million in funding to date, with the most recent round being May 2019. Investors include Battery Ventures, Greylock Partners, Sutter Hill Ventures, Accel Partners, Sequoia Capital, Sapphire Ventures and DFJ Growth. Our recurring revenue and customer base are growing steadily. We serve over 2,000 customers across the globe including AirBnB, Alaska Airlines, Anheuser Busch, Hootsuite, Hearst, Hudl, Major League Baseball, Marriott, Medidata, Sauce Labs, Samsung SmartThings, SPS Commerce, Twitter, Telstra, Toyota, Zuora and more.