What we do:
We are a cloud-native SaaS machine data analytics platform, solving complex monitoring problems for DevOps, SecOps and ITOps teams. Customers love our product because it allows them to easily monitor and optimize their mission critical, large scale applications.
Our microservices architecture in AWS ingests hundreds of terabytes daily across many geographic regions. Millions of queries a day analyze hundreds of petabytes of data.
At Sumo Logic, our cloud platform is at the core of driving our product decisions that directly impact customers around the world.
To support our business needs, we are building one of the largest big data infrastructures for cybersecurity in the cloud. In addition to relying on big data compute engines, we are also building an ecosystem of tools and services that allow all Sumo Logic teams to leverage the platform as a cohesive service.
Within the Sumo Logic platform, we have a team whose sole focus is to build tools and services to improve the reliability of the platform. As a member of the team, you will help drive operational excellence for this ecosystem of complex large-scale systems by re-imagining how we would automate and build tools to lower operational barriers, improve visibility on problematic areas, support scale of the platform, and provide a safe and secure environment for other teams.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Develop effective tooling, alerts, and response to both identify and address reliability risks.
- Build tools and automation to reduce operational tasks, improve automatic issue identification and routing, and predict platform performance in accordance to SLAs based on overall platform health and progress.
- Participate in an on-call rotation to manage incidents and to handle unknown/new issues.
- Drive issue resolution and root cause identification with the various data infrastructure teams.
- Evangelize best practices around collaboration, security, and reliability to all partner teams.
Who You Are:
- 3+ years experience in a similar role, or related technical field
- Coding/scripting fluency in at least Python & Go language and a commitment to automate solutions
- Experience with Linux systems
- Experience with configuration management solutions
- Ability to quickly take on new roles and responsibilities
- Track record of successfully deploying and running production systems
- A desire to see features through from development to deployment in production environments
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience (Masters Degree in CS huge plus)
Democratize machine data analytics through the Sumo Logic platform, bringing real-time data insights securely through the cloud.
Funding and Growth:
We have raised $345 million in funding to date, with the most recent round being May 2019. Investors include Battery Ventures, Greylock Partners, Sutter Hill Ventures, Accel Partners, Sequoia Capital, Sapphire Ventures and DFJ Growth. Our recurring revenue and customer base are growing steadily. We serve over 2,000 customers across the globe including Alaska Airlines, Anheuser Busch, Hootsuite, Hearst, Hudl, Major League Baseball, Marriott, Medidata, Sauce Labs, Samsung SmartThings, SPS Commerce, Twitter, Telstra, Toyota, Zuora and more.