Product Manager, Search Experience
We are looking for a technical Product Manager who will be in the role of a Product Owner for our Search scrum team in India. This person will define requirements and manage the backlog for the search experience roadmap.
You will report to the Product Management lead for our Search team and define and execute on the delivery of our data ingest and collection management components. In this role, you will be responsible for developing requirements, working with scrum teams in India to deliver those capabilities as part of our continuous releases. You will partner with local and remote scrum teams to ensure alignment on scope and execution.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of delivering successful data and search platform technologies in on-premise, cloud and SaaS environments. They will have deep domain knowledge in, search technologies and proven working experience with AWS and similar cloud services from Google and Microsoft.
- Work closely with key customers and strategic partners to gather and analyze customer problems, use cases, and usage to gain a deep understanding of solution/ product requirements.
- Deliver product requirements and backlog for search and data analytics for monitoring and troubleshooting.
- Represent the voice of the customers to scrum and other engineering meetings.
- Partner with Engineering to ensure our service is meeting our scale (100TB/day and growing) and reliability goals, and make necessary prioritization decisions to support those goals.
- Contribute and/or develop various aspects of sales kits including whitepapers, blogs, messaging documents, presentations and product demonstrations.
- Travel (approximately 5-10% both domestic and international) for customer visits, industry conferences, thought leadership and evangelism, supporting marketing activities at trade shows.
Required Qualifications, Skills, & Experience:
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, MBA preferred
- 7+ years of experience in a technical product management role and IT-related field
- Strong knowledge of Big Data, IaaS and PaaS technologies. Experience with leading cloud providers such as AWS, Azure or Google.
- Proven experience and knowledge with machine data and search and storage technologies such as Lucene, Apache Parquet, S3.
- Strong technical foundation in the IT industry, including an in-depth working knowledge of the IT software and cloud ecosystem spaces.
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and presentation skills; solid business acumen; well-honed influencing skills are essential.
- Self-motivated and team-oriented; able to work both autonomously and effectively as part of a geographically dispersed team.