· What we do:
We are a cloud-native SaaS machine data analytics platform, solving complex monitoring problems for DevOps, SecOps and ITOps teams. Customers love our product because it allows them to easily monitor and optimize their mission critical, large scale applications.
Democratize machine data analytics through the Sumo Logic platform, bringing real-time data insights securely through the cloud.
· Massive Scale:
Our microservices architecture in AWS ingests hundreds of terabytes daily across many geographic regions. Millions of queries a day analyze hundreds of petabytes of data.
· Funding and Growth:
We have received $345 million in funding to date. Investors include Battery Ventures, Greylock Partners, Sutter Hill Ventures, Accel Partners, Sequoia Capital, Sapphire Ventures and DFJ Growth. Our recurring revenue and customer base are growing steadily. We serve over 1,600 customers across the globe including AirBnB, Alaska Airlines, Anheuser Busch, Hootsuite, Hearst, Hudl, Major League Baseball, Marriott, Medidata, Sauce Labs, Samsung SmartThings, SPS Commerce, Twitter, Telstra, Toyota, Zuora and more.
Principal, Technical Product Manager, Machine Data Analytics Platform
We are looking for a Technical Product Manager who will be a hands-on leader responsible for defining and leading the execution for our Machine Data Analytics Platform.
You will report to the Senior Director of Product Management to help define the strategy and direction for our core platform. You will work as part of a product management team that leads the definition of all Sumo products and will work integrally with our solutions product teams, core platform engineering and our ISV partners.
The ideal candidate is a technical PM, Architect or engineering leader with product leadership experience, and a track record of bringing large-scale open, extensible SaaS solutions to market. This professional will be passionate about a modern applications architectures,cloud/SaaS business model, building large-scale developer ecosystems, and has impeccable product skills.
- Shape the direction of the Sumo Logic MDA platform that enables us to further our leadership position in a highly competitive and rapidly changing market.
- Work with R&D organizations driving product requirements and ensuring timely release of products and solutions, managing the complete life cycle of products/services.
- Manage the overall cross-product backlog for platform requirements, drive alignment across teams and communicate status and progress.
- Work with other teams such as the SRE, security and infra teams to help drive requirements for the platform.
- Evangelize the platform with customers, prospects, partners as well as internal groups such as R&D, Product Marketing, Sales, Technical Sales and Customer Support
- Lead the market/technology research developing a deep understanding of the technology, market and competitors.
Our Ideal Candidate will have the following experience:
- Deep technical knowledge of IaaS, SaaS, and other cloud based software and platforms.
- Strong background with application programming interfaces and automation tools
- You have good knowledge in application security related areas such as SSO, SAML and OAUTH
- You have experience defining, delivering and evolving developer programs
- You possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy, a big picture vision and drive to make the vision a reality
- You are comfortable being hands-on in fast moving and rapidly changing technologies and products.
- You are able to articulate the value proposition/story at varying depth depending upon audience types
Required Qualifications, Skills, & Experience:
- 7+ years Product Management experience
- Minimum 5 years of leading a SaaS product or portfolio of products
- 1-2 years experience in SAML, OAUTH, SSO and other related IDP and authentication services
- 1-3 years of recent experience with AWS and other Cloud IaaS services
- Experience and familiarity with IT management products and services
- Excellent written, presentation, and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and proven ability to influence others.
- Product Marketing and go-to-market experience in enterprise software market
- Ability to build and defend business cases
- Experience with Agile software development
- BA/BS in Computer Science. MBA Preferred