As a Sumo Logic Channel Sales Engineer, you will support our Channel Partners' sales and sales engineering teams in understanding Sumo Logic's platform, our value proposition and how to position our platform in the market. You will function as the primary technical point of contact between Sumo Logic and our Partner eco-system.
You will take a consultative approach in helping our Partner SEs and Sales personnel in driving technical alignment between prospects' needs and Sumo Logic's platform. You will serve as a product and industry expert, effectively describing and demonstrating our solution as well as promoting our vision and approach. You will be a trusted point of contact for our partners (VARs, MSP/MSSPs, and GSIs and Consulting companies).
- Conduct online and in-person demonstrations of the Sumo Logic service
- Enable and train our Partners in positioning and selling Sumo Logic's solution
- Communicate customer feedback and requirements to Product Management, Engineering, Customer Service and other groups within Sumo Logic.
- Work as an SME where necessary to perform joint calls (Partner SE+Sales Execs) to prospective customers, demonstrating how to install and deploy the Sumo Logic solution.
- Conduct end-users training on the Sumo Logic solution and functionality Work directly with customers to ensure their goals are being met
- Attend and present at partner and marketing events related to the security eco-sytem
- Write blog and white papers related to the Sumo channels partners, solutions and developments and best practices
- 5 years of experience functioning as a Pre-Sales Engineer or Cyber-Security Consultant, supporting a complex software sales cycle/implementation to DevOps or SecOps leaders is essential.
- 3 years of experience functioning supporting a Channel network as a technical resource is a must - knowledge of MSSP space
- Domain knowledge in the Security Information Event Management (SIEM) space
- Ability to write queries using regular expressions, create dashboards
- Some experience with scripting languages - python a plus
- Deep experience working directly with customers to ensure their goals are being met
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, as well as business and technical acumen, are a must.
- A broad background in technical infrastructure, including servers, networking devices, and storage is very desirable
- Experience in successful start-ups in the area of log management and security is strongly preferred.
- Ability to travel up to 50%
What we do:
We are a cloud-native SaaS machine data analytics platform, solving complex monitoring problems for DevOps, SecOps and ITOps teams. Customers love our product because it allows them to easily monitor and optimize their mission critical, large scale applications.
Democratize machine data analytics through the Sumo Logic platform, bringing real-time data insights securely through the cloud.
Our microservices architecture in AWS ingests hundreds of terabytes daily across many geographic regions. Millions of queries a day analyze hundreds of petabytes of data.
Funding and Growth:
We have received $345 million in funding to date. Investors include Greylock Partners, Sutter Hill Ventures, Accel Partners, Sequoia Capital, Sapphire Ventures, DFJ Growth, and Battery Ventures. Our recurring revenue and customer base are growing steadily. We serve over 1,600 customers across the globe including AirBnB, Alaska Airlines, Anheuser Busch, Hootsuite, Hearst, Hudl, Major League Baseball, Marriott, Medidata, Sauce Labs, Samsung SmartThings, SPS Commerce, Twitter, Telstra, Toyota, Zuora and more.