- What we do: We are a cloud-native SaaS machine data analytics platform - logs, time series metrics, and security analytics. We were founded in 2010 by experts in log management, big data, security systems, and enterprise-scale applications. Customers love our product because it allows them to easily monitor and optimize their mission-critical, large scale applications.
- Our Customers: We serve DevOps, SecOps and ITOps teams. Customers love our product because it allows them to easily monitor and optimize their mission-critical, large scale applications.
- Mission: Democratize machine data analytics through our platform, bringing real-time data insights securely through the cloud.
- Massive Scale: Our microservices architecture in AWS ingests hundreds of terabytes daily across many geographic regions. Millions of queries a day analyze hundreds of petabytes of data.
- Funding and Growth: We have received $345 million in funding to date. Investors include Greylock Partners, Sutter Hill Ventures, Accel Partners, Sequoia Capital, Sapphire Ventures and DFJ Growth. Our recurring revenue and customer base are growing steadily. We serve over 2000 customers across the globe including Airbnb, Alaska Airlines, Anheuser Busch, Hootsuite, Hearst, Hudl, Major League Baseball, Marriott, Medidata, Sauce Labs, Samsung SmartThings, SPS Commerce, Twitter, Telstra, Toyota, Zuora and more.
Learn more about us here.
- Design and implement extremely high-volume, fault-tolerant, scalable backend systems that process and manage petabytes of customer data.
- Analyze and improve the efficiency, scalability, and reliability of our backend systems.
- Will serve as a hands-on technical leader on the team responsible for building the next generation platform for collecting, analyzing, visualizing, and correlating vast quantities of heterogeneous machine data.
- Build the system that runs our elastic big data analytics platform written in Scala that runs in the AWS cloud.
- B.Tech, M.Tech., or Ph.D. in Computer Sciences or related discipline
- 12+ years of industry experience with a proven track record of ownership and delivery if you only have a B.S. degree.
- Object-oriented experience, for example in Java, Scala, Ruby, or C++.
- Experience in multi-threaded programming and distributed systems
- Prior experience in one or more of:
- Building and shipping a production platform/service
- Assembling and owning a large-scale distributed service platform
- The desire to learn Scala, an up-and-coming JVM language (scala-lang.org)
- Domain expertise in the development of large-scale distributed systems and infrastructure
- Proficiency with the Amazon Web Services ecosystem
- Proficiency with containers and orchestration (e.g., Docker, Kubernetes, Borg)
- Experience with design, implementation, and operations of a large-scale data platform
- Extensive first-hand experience as an end-user of monitoring tools, and strong opinions around what good UX/APIs/capabilities for such a tool look like
- Experience working in a cross-functional product development team (UX, PM, UI, QE)