Staff Frontend Engineer
IIn June 2017, Sumo Logic announced a $75M funding round led by Sapphire Ventures, with participation from new and existing investors including DFJ Growth, Greylock Partners, Sequoia Capital, and others (https://www.sumologic.com/press/2017-06-27/75-million-funding-round/), bringing our total funding to $235.5M. Sumo Logic’s business has scaled significantly, tripling both our annual recurring revenue and customer count to over 1,500 customers, reflecting every major vertical and company size.
Who Are We?
We are a secure, cloud-native, machine data analytics service delivering real-time, continuous intelligence from structured, semi-structured, and unstructured data across the entire application lifecycle and stack. Our mission is to democratize machine data analytics by making it accessible, simple, and powerful for businesses of all sizes to build, run, and secure their organizations. With Sumo Logic customers can harness the power of machine data to gain operational business and customer insights that lead to competitive advantage and differentiated customer experience.
What Do We Do?
Sumo Logic was founded in 2010 by experts in log management, scalable systems, big data, and security. We imagined a world of Yottabyte-scale machine data made actionable by machine learning algorithms and advanced analytics. Today, our purpose-built, cloud-native service analyzes more than 100 petabytes of data, more than 16 million searches, and delivers 10s of millions of insights daily – positioning Sumo among the most powerful machine data analytics services in the world. With Sumo Logic, customers gain a service-model advantage to accelerate their shift to continuous innovation, increasing competitive advantage, business value, and growth.
You will lead and participate in design reviews, architecture discussions, and other technical leader activities. You're comfortable working independently as well as supporting other team members. You’re pragmatic, tenacious, and comfortable with ambiguity. You’ll be able to balance technical leadership and acumen with strong business judgment to make the right decisions about technology choices.
You should enjoy working on technically challenging projects, be willing to work on many different projects, and are interested in assuming various responsibilities. You are comfortable working in a fast-paced development environment, self-motivated, and have strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- 6+ years experience
- Lead/drive the overall architecture for the UI Framework while partnering with other Tech Leads and UI team members.
- Lead/drive the roll-out of the UI engineering standards (coding, testing, automation, app structure)
- Collaborate with feature and component teams during both design and development phases to ensure adherence to UI architectural standards and best practices
- Design and develop proof of concept prototypes for advanced features and designs
- Provide technical oversight and perform code reviews for multiple development efforts
- Evaluate, test and provide technology and design recommendations to management
- Write detailed documentation on system design and implementation
- Promote cross-team awareness to optimize code-sharing and decrease time to market
- Contribute to framework implementation as necessary
- Expert in the design, development, and use of component-based architectures, preferably with React and Redux
- Expertise in Modern web app building and testing frameworks
(e.g. webpack, jest, enzyme, karma, and/or jasmine)
- Expertise in HTML5, CSS, and CSS Preprocessors (Sass or Less)
- Strong understanding of UI performance metrics, as well as how to capture and interpret them.
- Experience working in teams with a heavy emphasis on Automation and Quality (CI/CD)
- Experience working in an Agile development environment
- Experience leading projects and mentoring engineers
- Comfortable working with a remote team operating in multiple time zones
- Strong communication skills across the board, with a passion for finding and sharing best practices and driving greater discipline across organizations.