In June 2017, Sumo Logic announced another $75M funding round led by Sapphire Ventures, with participation from new and existing investors including DFJ Growth, Greylock Partners, Sequoia Capital, and others ( https://www.sumologic.com/press/2017-06-27/75-million-funding-round/). This brings our total funding to $235.5M to date. Sumo Logic’s business has scaled significantly, tripling both our annual recurring revenue and customer count to over 1,500 customers, reflecting every major vertical and company size.
Who Are We?
We are a secure, cloud-native, machine data analytics service, delivering real-time, continuous intelligence from structured, semi-structured and unstructured data across the entire application lifecycle and stack. Our mission is to democratize analytics, making it accessible, simple and powerful for businesses of all sizes to build, run and secure their organizations. With Sumo Logic, customers can harness the power of machine data to gain operational business and customer insights that lead to competitive advantage and differentiated customer experience.
What Do We Do?
Sumo Logic was founded in 2010 by experts in log management, scalable systems, big data, and security. We imagined a world of Yottabyte-scale machine data, where machine learning algorithms and advanced analytics could make sense of it all. Today, our purpose-built, cloud-native service analyzes more than 100 petabytes of data, more than 16 million searches, and delivers 10s of millions of insights daily – positioning Sumo among the most powerful machine data analytics services in the world. Our customers around the globe rely on Sumo Logic for the analytics and insights to build, run and secure their modern applications and cloud infrastructures. With Sumo Logic, customers gain a service-model advantage to accelerate their shift to continuous innovation, increasing competitive advantage, business value, and growth.
Who are you?
You are keenly interested in all manner of data mining: old school production systems, new school pattern discovery, still maturing anomaly detection, and techniques that don’t have names yet.
- Lead/Contribute towards the design, planning, development, deploy and support of the Sumo Security Event Analytics platform.
- Make architectural and implementation tradeoffs to meet project specifications while adhering to the project milestones and timeline objectives.
- Advocate and champion security best practices in a cross-functional team.
We would love to discuss your chops in:
- Network security (SOC experience is a plus)
- Log event aggregation, correlation, analysis
- Object-oriented development (Java/Scala preferred)
- Microservice architectures / distributed systems (AWS experience is a plus)
- Large-scale data processing
- Security compliance / audits
- NoSQL database technologies (Cassandra a plus)
- Skills in effective communication and influencing team’s direction
We have to see:
- B.S. or higher in Computer Sciences or related discipline (M.S. preferred)
- 5+ years of industry experience with a proven track record of ownership and delivery
Within 3 months you will:
- Complete features of advance analytics engine
Within 6 months you will:
- Deliver successful preview release of advance analytics engine
Within 9 months you will:
- Deliver successful beta launch of advance analytics engine
To apply, please submit your resume, no cover letter necessary. We encourage you to submit any work you have done in the open. (Open source contributions, GitHub repos, etc.)