AppSumo is a deal site for entrepreneurs. Our mission is to help turn small businesses into big businesses.
Reaching over 1 million customers yearly, we’ve promoted some the coolest companies around like Evernote, Dropbox, Mailchimp and are always on the hunt for the next big thing.
Our company is highly profitable and growing fast. We’re looking for an experienced recruiter to help take us to the next level.
As the only recruiter on the team, you will be solely responsible for all stages of the recruiting lifecycle from sourcing outstanding candidates to matching them with our incredible roles.
With alumni from MIT, Facebook, Microsoft, Google, and several successful entrepreneurs, you’ll be surrounded by some of the smartest people you’ve ever shared beers with. We believe in full flexibility, working on awesome projects, and having fun at work.
About you: • You thrive at all stages of the recruiting cycle – from sourcing to closing candidates.
• You’re excited to build a metrics-driven hiring process that provides an incredible candidate experience and maximizes hiring success.
• You have experience recruiting, managing, and building teams at early-stage startups and are excited to grow your next company.
• You believe in slow-methodical growth. You’d rather wait for the best candidate than hire prematurely and lower the company’s standards.
• As recruiter, you are the keeper of culture. You know culture is the lifeblood of a company and ensure each hire is a company fit.
Minimum Qualifications: • Minimum 3 years recruiting experience at a startup or tech company.
• Strong writing skills - you can write a job description that not even Elon Musk could resist.
• You are organized. Following up is your second favorite activity after starting a conversation.
• You probably were an athlete or do some regular physical activity. ie. You are disciplined.
• You are independent and want to be a part of a hyper growth company.
• You’re a good listener and love tailoring the conversation to a candidate’s needs.
What’s in it for you: • Industry leading compensation and benefits
• Flexible work hours. Need to run an errand, hit the gym, or travel? We encourage it.
• Speaking of travel - we don’t track vacation days. Take as many as you need. I spent a month in South America last year.
• Awesome office with unlimited drinks, snacks, and a fully stocked bar
• Two company trips per year where we go to the local Hilton conference room to synergize our efficiencies. Just kidding. Last trip we got a mansion in Mexico, hired a private chef and bartender, and sipped drinks in the infinity pool If this sounds like something you’d be interested, apply below.