AppSumo.com helps millions of entrepreneurs start, build, and manage their business by partnering with industry-recognized SaaS tools and offering them at insanely low prices.
Sumo.com helps thousands of companies turn traffic into revenue-generating emails (and customers) almost automatically. Works on every site. Used by thousands already!
Together we’re the Sumo Group family, helping companies and individuals slay it in business. But we need the right people to make that happen!
That’s where you come in. We’re looking for a fun, experienced, and resourceful recruiter dedicated to connecting the dots and hiring the best people.
You would be the only full-time recruiter here at Sumo Group. You read that right: you’d get to touch every aspect of the recruiting process for Sumo and AppSumo (and you LOVE that). This is a full lifecycle role where you would own the entire process (coordinating, sourcing, interviewing, tracking, making offers, onboarding, and initial training). This means you get to set processes and find new and creative ways to recruit high caliber talent for both companies.
It will be hard work at times, but you’ll also get to goof off a lot with some hilarious people and eat your weight in tacos. Winning!
A little bit about you:
- Your coworkers think you’re fun. Candidates feel the same and think the overall hiring process is easy.
- You have a great attitude. Your teammates like sharing a topo chico (or a spicy mezcal-rita!) with you. You’re kinda a networking guru.
- You’re cool with getting on the phone and chatting people up (okay yeah, it’s 2019, but you're old school).
- You’re super agile on a computer and have a better than basic understanding of the SaaS world.
- You’re the keeper of company culture. You know a good fit when you meet him or her.
- You understand and use traditional sourcing avenues, but you prefer to get creative.
- You can roll with a fast-paced, high-growth company. Not everything is written in stone but you appreciate that because it means you can try new things.
The nitty gritty:
- You have at least 2 years of full lifecycle recruiting experience (minimum, for real).
- You’ll wow us with your super strong writing skills (you can write interesting job descriptions and compelling emails in your sleep - really, this job requires considerable writing and candidates can tell when you’re sending a canned email).
- You have excellent organizational skills. Following up is your second favorite activity after starting a good conversation.
- You have recent experience in recruiting for tech roles (engineers, data scientists, designers, etc.) You know what JS is. You know that Ruby isn’t a gemstone ;)
We’ll be especially excited to talk to you if:
- You have experience in a startup environment or with a fast-growth company.
- You know your way around Greenhouse.io. You’ve used LinkedIn Recruiter, but you know how to be scrappy and network your way into candidates lives and hearts.
- You’re already tapped into the Austin startup community.
- You’ve used Sumo or have bought an AppSumo deal (haven’t yet? No time like the present!)
- You love dogs and tacos (almost as much as recruiting!)
What’s in it for you:
- Fully paid vision, dental, and health benefits. We want you healthy!
- Flexible work hours: need to run an errand, hit the gym, or have an appointment? We encourage it.
- Awesome office with a dizzying array of snacks and drinks and lots of flex space to get things done.
- You can forget about brown-bagging your PB+J and an apple - we cater lunches every day of the week.
- Team Happiest Hours every Friday!
- Dog-friendly offices! All well-behaved doggos are welcome!
- Two all-expenses paid team retreats every year (whether dog-sledding in Banff or sipping on 1942 on a catamaran in the Pacific, we’ve got fun covered).
- Unlimited untracked vacation. Take as much time off as you need, really!
- Weekly in-house massages, monthly team outings, + some of the most fun and smart people you’ll ever dream of working alongside!
Congrats, you made it this far! If this sounds like a job where you could kick some serious butt, please email email@example.com with “You need to hire me” in the subject line with your best cold email to a potential Senior Developer referred by your colleague, Hal. Then attach your resume and press send :)