Director of Recruitment & Selection
Summit is seeking a Director of Recruitment & Selection to lead our work to attract outstanding talent. The Director will oversee the hiring process for our schools and network support teams and work to ensure that we are finding and selecting a robust and diverse pipeline of talent to achieve our mission. The ideal candidate is strategic and results-oriented, excels at critical thinking, has exceptional interpersonal and project management skills, and a track record of change management. The successful candidate will lead two Managers of Recruitment and Selection, and partner closely with the Director of Talent Operations and the HR team.
The candidate must be a highly motivated individual who thrives in an entrepreneurial environment and wants to positively impact the lives of students by improving K-12 public education. The Director of Recruitment & Selection will report to the Chief Operating Officer. The position is based in Redwood City, CA.
Who We Are:
What if all students graduated high school with the knowledge, skills and habits they need to lead a fulfilled life? This is the question that guides our mission at Summit Public Schools.
Summit is a leading network of public schools that prepare a diverse student population for success in a four-year college and to be thoughtful, contributing members of society. We operate 14 schools serving over 4,500 students in the Bay Area and Washington state. 100% of Summit graduates are college ready and Summit graduates complete college at double the national average.
We need exceptional, diverse, and mission-aligned teachers to join our team to help prepare our students for a fulfilled life. Join us!
What You’ll Do:
The Director of Recruitment & Selection is responsible for ensuring that Summit schools and the Home Office are staffed with high-quality teachers, support staff and school leaders through outstanding recruitment, selection, and retention supports.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Lead organizational recruitment and selection vision, strategy and implementation for all positions at Summit Public Schools, including educators, school leadership, network-support roles, and all other faculty and staff.
- Oversee work with school-site and home office leadership to ensure strong partnerships, feedback and communication.
- Manage a team responsible for recruiting, screening and selecting candidates.
- Develop and maintain partnerships with universities, placement agencies and other strategic recruitment partners.
- Develop and oversee strong systems for collecting, monitoring and analyzing key metrics for recruitment-related data for various audiences, including school leadership and org-wide senior leadership.
- Lead the full-cycle recruitment process for senior-level positions within the organization.
- Work, in partnership with the Chief Operating Officer, Director of Talent Operations, and the Director of Human Resources to develop and implement Summit’s talent strategy.
- Support in the implementation and monitoring of Summit’s Diversity, Equity and Inclusion strategy.
- Partner with the communications team to oversee the ‘Work at Summit’ brand including campaigns related to hiring on social media, website redesign and candidate marketing materials.
This position is based in the Bay Area, requires frequent travel throughout the Bay Area, and may require occasional travel to other regions.
What You Need:
- Demonstrated knowledge of and alignment with Summit Public Schools’ mission, vision and values
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills, including the ability to communicate in a persuasive capacity when speaking internally and externally
- Strong computer skills, including Google Apps and Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree, with a graduate degree preferred
- 5+ years of experience in education leadership, recruitment, human resources or related field
- Previous experience in education preferred but not required.
- Experience with recruitment software (Greenhouse or similar Applicant Tracking System) and/or Tableau preferred but not required.
- Willingness to travel regularly in California and occasionally to other regions
- Meet health clearance, and pass the reference, background/criminal checks, per education code
Who You Are:
- You’re deeply committed to continuous improvement
- You thrive while collaborating and are excited to work with mission-aligned, high-performing colleagues. You find positivity in shared successes.
- You’ve got strong analytical skills. You know your way around a spreadsheet and can make meaning from raw data.
- You have exceptional organizational and project management skills.
- You can juggle multiple priorities and execute effectively.
- You’re a self starter who takes initiative to solve problems.
- You have a growth mindset and see feedback as a positive.
What You Get
In addition to joining a highly motivated team and engaging in meaningful work, you’ll have access to a comprehensive suite of benefits including a retirement plan, unlimited “take what you need” PTO policy, 11 paid holidays, and 3 weeks of organization-wide closures during the year. You and your dependents will have access to multiple health, dental, and vision plans at 25% cost (we cover the other 75%) and employee life and disability insurance at no cost. Our compensation policy strives to be equitable and transparent.
Summit is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that diversity, equity, and inclusion are directly intertwined with education. We are ALL better when we are able to bring our whole selves to work and honor each other’s voices across identities, cultural backgrounds, and life experiences. We welcome and encourage applications from individuals who are members of historically marginalized communities. Spanish language proficiency is a plus.