Reporting to the Dean of Operations, the Office Assistant supports the school leadership team to provide a warm, welcoming and organized environment. As the first person that people see when they arrive, the Office Assistant is the face of the school and delivers first-class customer service to families, students, and other visitors. The Office Assistant will also keep the office neat and organized, helping to ensure that daily operations run smoothly.
Who We Are:
What if all students graduated high school with not only content knowledge, but the habits and skills to successfully navigate college and career, with a sense of purpose to anchor them? This is the question at the core of Summit Public Schools. Summit is a public school system serving heterogeneous communities in the Bay Area and Washington State and operate 15 schools serving over 4,500 students.
We need exceptional, diverse, and mission-aligned leaders to join our team to help prepare our students for a fulfilled life. Join us!
What You’ll Do:
- Greet visitors at front desk and create a warm and welcoming environment.
- Respond to public inquiries; this includes answering phones and emails, checking voicemails, sending robocalls/robotexts, responding to questions from families and students and assisting faculty with inquires.
- Sign guests in and out, and ensure they have proper identification while on site.
- Process late arrivals and early dismissals and follow up with families of absent students.
- Maintain daily attendance reports and verify teacher daily attendance; prepare weekly attendance reports.
- Support Operations Manager with attendance reporting.
- Manage daily breakfast and lunch service. This includes supervising daily deliveries, operating point of sale, and completing required paperwork.
Front Desk Management
- Ensure front desk area is clean and organized.
- Receive, distribute, and prepare mail and shipments.
- Maintain school supply areas and assist with inventory control.
- Maintain office equipment and ensure that copier, fax and postage meter are always in working order.
- Coordinate distribution of technology including laptops, headphones and chargers.
- Collect payments for meals and other charges and provide receipts for each transaction.
- Support with filing and data entry.
- Assist School Leaders and Operations Managers with additional duties as needed.
What You Need:
Key Qualities and Skills
- Commitment to uphold Summit’s values, belief that all children deserve a rigorous and equitable education that prepares them for college and for life
- Bachelor’s Degree is preferred
- Prior School and/or Office Experience is strongly preferred
- Fluency in English and Spanish required
- Proficiency in Google Platforms, including Google Drive, Google Sheets, Google Docs, and Google Slides.
- Clear health and background check
Who You Are:
- You maintain high expectations for all students and believe all students can find success in school, college, and life.
- You thrive while collaborating and are excited to work with your colleagues. You find positivity in share successes.
- You share our vision to reimagine what schools should be and are excited to make an impact on the public education landscape.
- You are positive and resilient in the face of big challenges.
- You possess outstanding organizational skills and have a passion for the details.
- You are empathetic and culturally competent. You’re open to having hard conversations.
- You thrive in innovative environments, and are comfortable with the ambiguity that can come with a dynamic and progressive workplace.
- You’re committed to continuous improvement, see feedback as a positive, and have a growth mindset.
We strive to recruit a diverse team. Summit Public Schools is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, military status, pregnancy, parenthood, citizenship status, creed, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Summit will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
People from all diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply. Fluency in Spanish is not required, but HIGHLY preferred.