Reporting to the Executive Director, the Office Assistant (OA) supports the school leadership team to provide a warm, welcoming and organized environment. As the first person that people see when they arrive, the OA is the face of the school and delivers first-class customer service to families, students, and other visitors. The OA also keeps the office neat, helping to ensure that daily operations run smoothly.
The ideal candidate is locally based in Seattle, WA, and can start immediately.
Who We Are:
What if all students graduated high school with not only content knowledge, but the habits and skills to successfully navigate college and career, with a sense of purpose to anchor them? This is the question at the core of Summit Public Schools. Summit is a leading charter management organization serving heterogeneous communities in the Bay Area and Washington state. We operate 11 schools serving over 3,600 students.
Are you looking for the opportunity to lead change? Do you want to help reimagine what schools should be? We put students in the driver’s seat, empowering students with the skills and habits they need to be successful in college and life. We need diverse, driven, and dynamic talent to join our growing team to help realize our educational vision.
What you’ll do:
- Welcome visitors at front desk and create a warm, welcoming and organized environment
- Respond to public inquiries. This includes answering phones and emails, checking voicemails, sending robocalls/robotexts, responding to questions from families and students and assisting faculty with inquires
- Process late arrivals and early dismissals and follow up with families of absent students
- Maintain daily attendance reports and verify teacher daily attendance; prepare weekly attendance reports
- Manage daily breakfast and lunch service. This includes supervising deliveries, operating point of sale, collecting payments
Front Desk Management
- Receive, distribute, and prepare mail and shipments
- Maintain school supply areas and assist with inventory control
- Maintain office equipment and ensure that copier, fax and postage meter are always in working order
- Coordinate distribution of loaners (laptops, headphones, chargers)
- Collect money for student lunch balances etc. and provide receipts for each transaction
- Enter student enrollment data, update student info, and process student data for exits/withdrawals
- Assist Operations Managers as needed
- Other duties as assigned
What you need:
- Commitment to uphold Summit’s values, belief that all children deserve a rigorous and equitable education that prepares them for college and for life
- Fit with values and culture. Displays core characteristics of compassion, courage, curiosity, respect, responsibility, and integrity; demonstrates a growth mindset; able to give and receive honest, actionable and timely feedback
- Excellent relationship building and communication skills. Can effectively communicate verbally and in writing with diverse stakeholders including teachers, families, and students; shows empathy; demonstrates customer-service mindset
- Outstanding organizational skills and obsession with detail. Sweats the small stuff
- Strong track record of execution. Gets things done in a timely manner while balancing multiple tasks at the same time; is reliable; follows through without follow-up
- Positive and flexible attitude. Is adaptable; open to changes and new ideas; enjoy fast-paced environment
- Fluency in Somali is strongly preferred
- School and/or office experience highly preferred
- Comfort with Google Apps and Microsoft Office highly preferred
- Meet health clearance, and pass the reference, background/criminal checks, per education code.