Summit Public Schools is seeking a temporary Operations Specialist. Based in Redwood City, California, this person will support the operations of the child nutrition program at our eight schools in California and provide assistance with additional school site operation projects.
This position is for immediate hire until and possibly after January 8, 2018 but no later than February 1, 2018.
Who we are:
Summit’s mission is to ensure that every student has the opportunity to not only attend, but succeed in, a four-year college or university. Driven by our unwavering commitment to our core values, Summit works every day to ensure our students are receiving a world-class education. We seek phenomenal individuals with the talents needed to transform children's lives, as well as those who are interested in working on the cutting edge of education. If you're excited by the prospect of transformative growth for yourself, as well as the students, schools, and communities we serve, Summit may be the place for you!
Summit Public Schools is a leading charter management organization serving diverse communities in the San Francisco Bay Area and Washington State with currently eleven schools serving over 3,600 students. Summit schools have seen tremendous successes, including:
- 99 percent of Summit students have been accepted to one or more four-year colleges, and its graduates are completing college at double the national average
- Fast Company named Summit Public Schools a top 10 most innovative organization in education
- Our two flagship schools, Summit Prep and Everest, are named among US News & World Report's Best High Schools of 2015, and also ranked among America's Most Challenging High Schools by the Washington Post
- Summit Sierra, in Seattle, was named one of the most innovative schools in the world
Summit is proud to help teachers and students around the country benefit from personalized learning through the Summit Learning Program. Summit Learning is a free program that provides teachers and schools across the U.S. with the resources they need to bring Summit Learning into the classroom. Through the Summit Learning Program, we have partnered with approximately 330 schools, and 2,450 teachers across 40 states, and are providing 54,230 students a truly personalized learning experience.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Coordinate with food service vendors
- Troubleshoot daily meal service issues
- Order meals monthly
- Choose monthly menus
- Maintain school meals program documentation
- Support maintenance of meal service data in point of sale system and student information systems
- Collaborate with schools to ensure National School Lunch Program compliance
- Complete reimbursement claims every month
- Manage monthly meal payment billing and collection
- Complete additional meal service duties as needed
- Help with school-site operations projects
- 2+ years work experience
- School site operations or National School Lunch Program experience strongly preferred
- Travel in the Bay Area required