Summit Public Schools is seeking a Data & Operations Specialist to support our data processes, technology platforms, and school-site operations. This role will lie on Summit’s Data & Operations team.
This role will support on many of the functions required for our organization to run smoothly. Our personalized approach utilizes a variety of technologies, including our own platform, the Summit Learning Platform, developed in conjunction with Facebook. This position will support the maintenance of these technologies and address any issues that arise through our organization’s Help Desk function and through partnership with external vendors. This individual will also help manage of our data systems, ensuring that they are accurate and kept up to date, and will support school-site operations by developing tools, trackers, and resources to help schools run effectively. This is a highly visible role that will support almost all of the functions within the organization.
Who we are:
Summit’s mission is to ensure that every student has the opportunity to not only attend, but succeed in, a four-year college or university. Driven by our unwavering commitment to our core values, Summit works every day to ensure our students are receiving a world-class education. We seek phenomenal individuals with the talents needed to transform children's lives, as well as those who are interested in working on the cutting edge of education. If you're excited by the prospect of transformative growth for yourself, as well as the students, schools, and communities we serve, Summit may be the place for you!
Summit Public Schools is a leading charter management organization serving diverse communities in the San Francisco Bay Area and Washington State with currently eleven schools serving over 3,600 students. Summit schools have seen tremendous successes, including:
- 99 percent of Summit students have been accepted to one or more four-year colleges, and its graduates are completing college at double the national average
- Fast Company named Summit Public Schools a top 10 most innovative organization in education
- Our two flagship schools, Summit Prep and Everest, are named among US News & World Report's Best High Schools of 2015, and also ranked among America's Most Challenging High Schools by the Washington Post
- Summit Sierra, in Seattle, was named one of the most innovative schools in the world
Summit is proud to help teachers and students around the country benefit from personalized learning through the Summit Learning Program. Summit Learning is a free program that provides teachers and schools across the U.S. with the resources they need to bring Summit Learning into the classroom. Through the Summit Learning Program, we have partnered with approximately 330 schools, and 2,450 teachers across 40 states, and are providing 54,230 students a truly personalized learning experience.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Respond quickly and politely to technical support requests and work with external vendors and our internal systems to address issues as quickly as possible.
- Learn and become fluent in our technology systems and structure in order to troubleshoot issues as quickly as possible
- Anticipate/troubleshoot issues based on analysis of tickets and work with vendors and internal systems to address recurring concerns
- Assist with creation of tools, templates, and trackers to support school leaders and site operations staff
- Support with operations knowledge management including creation of training resources and maintenance of online resource library
- Help prepare and execute operations trainings
- Support with additional projects as needed
- Support Managers of Data & Information Systems in ensuring that uploads to our technology systems are accurate and done in a timely manner
- Support the set up and facilitation of testing
Data Requests and Compliance
- Support data requests internally and externally, including pulling, manipulating, and analyzing data
- Support compliance needs when necessary including reading bylaws, technical manuals, and attending external trainings
Key Qualities and Skills:
- Natural problem solver
- Collegiate or professional experience in quantitative data collection, analysis, interpretation, and/or reporting
- Demonstrated interest in, or passion for, the education sector
- Strong quantitative skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and interest in learning more advanced data analysis tools
- Manages ambiguity and develops forward-moving solutions
- Resourceful and active learner
- Demonstrated interest in technology
- Strong interpersonal, writing, communication and presentation skills
- Strong organizational skills with exceptionally strong attention to detail
- Exceptional customer service abilities
- Ability to analyze and assess quantitative and qualitative data
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment under tight deadlines
- Adaptability—can thrive in a rapidly changing environment, and can learn the skills needed to meet the organization’s needs
Additional Skills Preferred:
- Tutoring or teaching experience
- Must have at least a bachelor’s degree
- Meet health clearance, and pass the reference, background/criminal checks, per education code.
- This position is based in the Bay Area, requires frequent travel throughout the Bay Area, and may require occasional travel to other regions.
- If interested in applying, please submit a cover letter and resume here.
- If invited to interview, you will be required to complete a 2-hour analysis assignment as well as four 30-45 minute interviews with other members of Summit’s Data & Operations Team.