Developed by Summit Public Schools, Summit Learning is a personalized approach to teaching and learning inspired by the vision to equip every student to lead a fulfilled life. Through the free Summit Learning Program this year, approximately 330 schools are implementing and tailoring Summit Learning for their communities, reaching 54,200 students across 40 states.
The Director of Marketing for Summit Learning will work in partnership with the External Engagement team to develop and execute a comprehensive marketing strategy, building and nurturing a community of brand evangelists (teachers, school leaders and families) and supporting Summit Learning’s growth across the nation.
The Director of Marketing will lead a small team to build the strategy and execution for integrated marketing campaigns. S/he will be develop a channel marketing program targeted at helping school leaders to expand and refer with marketing toolkits, speakership opportunities and training for school leaders. The Director will lead and execute on a strategy to activate a community of brand evangelists through digital marketing and other marketing channels, such as speakerships at conferences and thought-leadership programs. The Director will also act as the brand manager responsible for rolling-out and maintaining the new brand throughout the Summit Public Schools organization and developing targeted messaging for key audiences. This role will also work cross-functionally across teams and partners to ensure alignment on strategy and message.
This position calls for a passionate and experienced leader who wants to apply his or her marketing skills to a passion for education. We are looking for a self-starter who isn't afraid to take initiative and dive deeply into a new role and build new systems to grow our community. This position requires a team-oriented, energetic professional who is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, and with a strong willingness and desire to learn. Previous experience working with schools, or in the personalized learning field, is not required by desirable.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Build a community of brand evangelists
- Lead the strategy and development of integrated marketing campaigns
- Lead the strategy and development of a channel partner program
- Lead the development of a thought leadership marketing plan
- Lead the development of a speakership strategy and plan
- Lead and manage a team with 2-3 direct reports
- Work with key external and internal partners to develop, align on and implement marketing strategies and message
- Manage the Summit brands and brand identity
- Manage key marketing channels including digital marketing, conferences, etc.
- Represent Summit Learning in a variety of public settings and with key stakeholders
- Manage agencies to ensure deliverables are on target, cost efficient and timely
- Work to develop scalable operations and infrastructure for marketing
Required Skills & Experience:
- The fundamental belief that all children can succeed in college and life
- Demonstrated leadership and ability to develop and execute marketing strategies at scale
- Expertise in marketing, communications and data-driven decision making
- Self-starter who takes initiative to solve problems, and demonstrates flexibility, tenacity, resourcefulness, humility, and a growth mindset
- Strong analytical, communication and project management skills
- Strong management skills, with the ability to motivate, inspire, develop and collaborate within and across teams
- Ability to build and manage relationships with diverse stakeholders, including partners, educators, thought leaders
- Ability to define, develop, assess and refine based on feedback and lead scalable programs in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
- Ability to focus on outcomes and think broadly and precisely about how to build and adjust operational structures to meet desired outcomes
- BA or BS Degree, MBA a plus
- 5-7 years of relevant experience in a marketing. Experience in education a plus.
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- Ability to provide honest, actionable and timely feedback that results in improved performance
- Deep knowledge and passion for the needs of public schools and their students
- Demonstrated understanding of educational technology
- Prior experience leading a team
About the External Engagement Team - Summit Learning:
Summit Public Schools’ External Engagement team leads communications and marketing for Summit Learning. This team is responsible for raising awareness of, owning and driving the story around, and building community engagement for Summit Learning, as well as to create the conditions that allow for more students to have a Summit Learning experience. www.summitlearning.org