The Manager of the Summit Tour Experience will be responsible for crafting and implementing a robust tours program that educates and engages partners all over the country. Sitting on the Development team, this position will report to the Director of Development and will work closely with senior leaders, funders, school leaders, teachers and many others.
Do you have a passion for and experience building excellent, data-driven programs? Are you highly motivated to positively impact the lives of students by improving K-12 public education? Do you have excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as strong project management skills? We are looking for a self-starter who isn't afraid to take initiative, dive deeply into a new role, and build systems to lead and elevate the Summit Tour Experience and Strategy.
This position is located in Redwood City, California, and will require travel to our schools throughout the Bay Area and Washington State, as well as travel to other regions of the country. This position can be arranged to be 80% time or full-time.
- Craft a comprehensive tour experience that includes:
- Strong pre-tour experience. This includes developing a “Guide to Summit” sharing various opportunities to engage and learn more about Summit, registration so we know who is attending and why, and what visitors should read/view before participating to maximize their experience.
- Excellent and engaging tour experience that leverages the best of what we know about how people learn and how visitors best experience Summit Learning, while managing impact to our schools.
- Consistent post-tour experience, which includes gathering feedback, following-up on items that arose, and opportunities to continue to deepen their understanding of and relationship with Summit Learning.
- Partner with External Engagement team to ensure we have current and compelling collateral throughout the experience.
- Collaborate with CEO and other Summit leaders to develop tour prioritization strategy that will maximize organizational resources in pursuit of our objectives, which are:
- Cultivating relationships with donors to ensure the organization has the resources it needs.
- Enabling schools that are considering joining the Summit Learning Program to deeply understand what Summit Learning looks like in action.
- Building support for Summit Learning among thought leaders, policymakers, and others who will champion Summit Learning in their domains.
- Lead tours at Summit, serving as the face of Summit and first point of contact for many visitors.
- Design tours program and collateral with replication in mind, and share tours program and collateral so that schools in the Summit Learning Program all over the country can leverage it.
- Coordinate tours at Summit and at SLP schools across the country. This includes:
- Scheduling tours, managing logistics, identifying the most appropriate Summit representative(s) for each tour, quickly problem-solving for challenges that arise, and otherwise ensuring all tours run smoothly.
- Partnering with school leaders to manage the impact to their school and minimize disruption.
- Informing and engaging the Summit leadership team as appropriate for tours.
- Partnering with the growth team (responsible for recruiting schools to the Summit Learning Program) and the development team (responsible for fundraising).
- Develop and manage the operational systems required to track and implement a tours program with a high volume of visitors.
- Provide regular reports on the success and status of the tours program.
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- 2-4 years of professional experience. Experience in education, development, and/or investor/partner relations is a plus.
- A true passion for our organization’s mission to equip all students with the skills necessary to succeed in college, career, in life.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience delivering presentations to and interacting with a range of stakeholders, including teachers, school leaders, senior organizational leaders, board members, investors, or prospective clients/partners.
- Experience negotiating in a composed and diplomatic way to ensure organizational objectives are met.
- Experience leading multiple complex and dynamic projects simultaneously across multiple teams within the organization and many external stakeholders.
- Experience leading projects across multiple teams in an organization.
- Experience using data to make decisions, translating strategy to action and achieve ambitious targets.
- Articulate, professional demeanor with strong self-confidence, initiative, and leadership skills.
- Creative, tenacious, and inventive, with an ability to work successfully in a cross-functional environment.
- Experience working in a dynamic environment under tight deadlines, and ability to be flexible.
- Growth mindset, willingness and excitement to build out a new role.
- Ability to maintain and track data.
- Proficiency in G Suite (Google Docs, Spreadsheets, etc.), Microsoft Word, Excel, and Powerpoint required. Proficiency in database management such as Salesforce preferred.