Do you have a passion for diversifying the teaching pool to positively impact the lives of students in K-12 public education? Are you excited for and motivated by the opportunity to develop and grow new programs across the country? We’re looking for self-starter who thrives in an entrepreneurial environment, is strategic and results-oriented, excels at critical thinking, and has outstanding recruiting and interpersonal skills to be our new Manager of Recruitment for the Summit Learning Teacher Residency.
The Manager of Recruitment is responsible for planning and executing outreach strategies to develop a high-quality and diverse annual applicant pool, and to support the expansion of the residency program. Sitting on the Summit Learning Teacher Residency team and reporting directly to the program Director, this role is responsible for both recruiting residents and driving the expansion of the program nationwide.
Learn more about the Summit Learning Teacher Residency here.
Summary of Responsibilities:
In this newly created role, the Manager of Recruitment is responsible for designing, planning and executing outreach strategies to develop a high quality, diverse, annual applicant pool, and to support the expansion of the residency program.
Primary responsibilities include:
Recruitment and Strategy Development
- Design, execute, and implement a cohesive recruitment strategy for the Summit Learning Teacher Residency to support programmatic growth at both Summit and partner schools
- As program expands, support SLTR Directors in executing the recruitment strategy across various regions
- Collaborate with Summit’s Talent Team to align recruitment strategies and effort
- Form and cultivate relationships with key national and local talent pipelines
- Develop a strategy to diversify potential residency sources, in collaboration with Summit’s Director of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Communication and Marketing
- Communicate the uniqueness of the Summit Learning Teacher Residency to the market of prospective teachers and leaders through branding opportunities, including the program’s website, printed materials, social media, public engagements, networking events, conferences, and job fairs
- Develop an effective communication strategy with differentiated messaging for various talent pipelines
- Manage and implement ongoing engagement calendar with high-quality pipelines
- Work with cross-functional team to create collateral for external messaging
Data Collection and Analysis
- Utilize data to determine pipelines that produce the most right-fit candidates for our program
- Analyze the effectiveness of varied recruitment-related activities
This position is based in the Bay Area, requires travel throughout the Bay Area, and may require occasional travel to other regions.
Key Qualities and Skills:
- Demonstrate knowledge and support of Summit Public Schools mission, values, and standards
- Belief that every student can and will achieve
- Excellent written and oral communication, planning and organization
- Excellent judgement and strong instincts when it comes to evaluating talent
- Experience creating and executing long-term plans and projects, and using data to drive decisions
- Deep commitment to continuous improvement
- Ability to work effectively within a rapidly iterating, entrepreneurial environment
- Self-starter ready to craft this new role
- Demonstrated ability to work on a team
- Ability to communicate in a persuasive capacity when speaking to candidates
- Strong customer service orientation
- Detail-oriented and self-directed
- 3-5 years of experience in recruitment and/or university admissions
- At least 2 years of exemplary teaching experience or experience in an education-related field preferred
- Previous experience balancing multiple projects against ambitious deadlines
About the Summit Learning Teacher Residency:
Our world is dramatically different than it was when our public school system was born over 100 years ago. Employers today demand college graduates who are highly skilled at working in teams, thinking critically, solving complex problems, planning and prioritizing work and communicating effectively – in short, graduates with 21st century skills.
Summit has built a Personalized Learning model designed to equip students with these crucial skills. And yet, we know that current teacher credentialing and professional development programs are not adequately preparing teachers for these schools. To support the creation of high-quality Personalized Learning schools across America, we need high-quality Personalized Learning teachers, both at Summit and in schools across the nation.
We also know that to reach their highest potential, our students need teachers with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We must intentionally create pathways that bring more diversity into the teaching profession.
The Summit Learning Teacher Residency will recruit a new generation of diverse teachers and support them in building the skills, mindset, and practice to lead a high-quality personalized learning classroom. It is a one year program during which residents are immersed in Summit classrooms while also completing credentialing coursework leading to a California Single Subject Teaching Credential. We plan to expand the program into additional regions of the country in partnership with the Summit Learning Program in future years.
About Summit Public Schools:
Summit’s mission is to ensure that every student has the opportunity to not only attend, but succeed in, a four-year college or university. Driven by our unwavering commitment to our core values, Summit works every day to ensure our students are receiving a world-class education. We seek phenomenal individuals with the talents needed to transform children's lives, as well as those who are interested in working on the cutting edge of education. If you're excited by the prospect of transformative growth for yourself, as well as the students, schools, and communities we serve, Summit may be the place for you!
Summit is sharing what we’ve learned through our own experience operating eleven schools that serve a diverse population of 3,600 students in California and Washington. Summit’s schools consistently rank among the best in the nation. 99% of graduating seniors at Summit are accepted into at least one four-year college, and our graduates are completing college at double the national average.
Summit is proud to help teachers and students around the country benefit from personalized learning through the Summit Learning Program. Summit Learning is a free program that provides teachers and schools across the U.S. with the resources they need to bring Summit Learning into the classroom. In 2016-17, Summit Public Schools is working closely with more than 130 schools across the country, serving over 20,000 students. If you’re interested in learning more, visit summitlearning.org to learn more about how our program has changed education across the country!