You will set up and serve breakfast and lunch, ensuring that students have the fuel they need to learn every day. Organize and maintain food servery, maintain all food service logos and interact with students daily in a positive manner. This is a part-time position for 16-20 hours a week, with hours varying based on bell schedule.
Who we are:
Summit Public Schools is a leading charter management organization serving diverse communities in the San Francisco Bay Area and Washington State with currently 11 schools serving over 2,400 students. Summit’s mission is to ensure that every student has the opportunity to not only attend, but succeed in, a four-year college or university. Driven by our unwavering commitment to our core values, Summit works every day to ensure our students are receiving a world-class education. We seek phenomenal individuals with the talents needed to transform children's lives, as well as those who are interested in working on the cutting edge of education. If you're excited by the prospect of transformative growth for yourself, as well as the students, schools, and communities we serve, Summit may be the place for you!
- 99 percent of Summit students have been accepted to one or more four-year colleges, and its graduates are completing college at double the national average
- Fast Company named Summit Public Schools a top 10 most innovative organization in education
- Our two flagship schools, Summit Prep and Everest, are named among US News & World Report's Best High Schools of 2015, and also ranked among America's Most Challenging High Schools by the Washington Post
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Receive deliveries and maintain required paperwork
- Set up and serve breakfast and lunch every day
- Maintain a welcoming, clean, and compliant servery
- Other duties as assigned
Key Qualities and Skills:
- Commitment to mission. Shares belief that all students are capable of being college ready and willing to go above and beyond to serve children and their communities
- Fit with values and culture. Displays core characteristics of compassion, courage, curiosity, respect, responsibility, and integrity; demonstrates a growth mindset; able to give and receive honest, actionable and timely feedback
Excellent relationship building and communication skills. Can effectively communicate verbally and in writing with diverse stakeholders including teachers, families, and students; shows empathy; demonstrates customer-service mindset
- Outstanding organizational skills and obsession with detail. Sweats the small stuff
- Strong track record of execution. Gets things done in a timely manner while balancing multiple tasks at the same time; is reliable; follows through without follow-up
- Positive and flexible attitude. Is adaptable; open to changes and new ideas; enjoy fast-paced environment
- Able to bend, lift, and move items from both low and high shelves and pull/push food carts up to 50 lbs
- Able to work in a standing position for long periods of time and able to walk across campus multiple times per day
- Obtain a CA Food Handler certificate within 30 days of hire
- Meet health clearance, and pass the reference, background/criminal checks, per education code.