Director of Regional Operations
Reporting to the Senior Director of Data & Operations, the Director of Regional Operations is a capacity builder that works to equip, enable and empower school sites to operate at the highest levels. The DRO leads the team that optimizes processes and systems, provides training, coaching and ongoing support and professional development to school-based operations staff, and support school sites with operations compliance and reporting. Because of the DRO, school leaders have a collaborative, creative, and reliable partner to oversee day-to-day operations, support their office administration teams, and, ultimately, strive toward running the best schools in the country.
This position is based in either in Seattle/Tacoma (WA) or the Bay Area (CA).
Who we are:
Summit Public Schools is a leading charter management organization serving diverse communities in the San Francisco Bay Area and Washington State with currently 11 schools serving over 2,400 students. Summit’s mission is to ensure that every student has the opportunity to not only attend, but succeed in, a four-year college or university. Driven by our unwavering commitment to our core values, Summit works every day to ensure our students are receiving a world-class education. We seek phenomenal individuals with the talents needed to transform children's lives, as well as those who are interested in working on the cutting edge of education. If you're excited by the prospect of transformative growth for yourself, as well as the students, schools, and communities we serve, Summit may be the place for you!
- 99 percent of Summit students have been accepted to one or more four-year colleges, and its graduates are completing college at double the national average
- Fast Company named Summit Public Schools a top 10 most innovative organization in education
- Our two flagship schools, Summit Prep and Everest, are named among US News & World Report's Best High Schools of 2015, and also ranked among America's Most Challenging High Schools by the Washington Post
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with the Senior Director of Data & Operations to set vision and direction for Operations team
- Design, build, and optimize operations processes to improve quality of operations through organization's growth
- Create tools, trainings, and resources to manage these systems
- Manage weekly email blasts and plan, prepare and facilitate bi-weekly learning team calls and monthly in-person trainings
- Create playlists and how to guides
- Build rubrics, checklists, and trackers
- Partner with School Leaders to train, coach and support school-based operations staff
- Lead weekly check-ins with Operations Managers
- Oversee and support compliance for areas including attendance, student cumulative records, safety, health and nursing, field trips, transportation and athletics
Key Qualities and Skills:
- Commitment to mission. Shares belief that all students are capable of being college ready and willing to go above and beyond to serve children and their communities
- Fit with values and culture. Displays core characteristics of compassion, courage, curiosity, respect, responsibility, and integrity; demonstrates a growth mindset; able to give and receive honest, actionable and timely feedback
- Strong bias toward systems and processes. Abhors inefficiency; always seeking to streamline, automate and/or eliminate; has eye for scalability and sustainability
- Strong time and project management skills. Can lead projects start to end; is self-directed; demonstrates flexibility and adaptability; can prioritize based on importance/urgency
- Strong management and coaching skills. Loves developing others; outstanding at identifying learning needs; can create appropriate support
- Strong relationship building skills. Can effectively communicate verbally and in writing with diverse stakeholders including school leaders, operations staff and home office team colleagues; shows empathy; demonstrates influence; is veritable team player; can give and receive honest, actionable and timely feedback
- Strong critical thinking capabilities. Enjoys problem-solving; uses data to drive decision-making; is obsessed with details; sweats the small stuff
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred
- 5+ years work experience; school-site operations experience highly preferred
- Strong knowledge of Google Apps (Drive, Docs and Spreadsheets) highly preferred
- Willingness to travel between schools
- Meet health clearance, and pass the reference, background/criminal checks, per education code.