Summit Public Schools is seeking an experienced Manager of Information Systems and Processes to support our schools. This role will lie on Summit’s Information team.
Summit utilizes and maintains many data systems to manage its academic and operational structures, including a new tool to facilitate personalized learning, the Personalized Learning Plan, developed in conjunction with Facebook. This role will develop and manage the technical, operational, and compliance processes related to these data systems to ensure our schools are running smoothly. This role will work in tight coordination with school leaders, external technology vendors, and other individuals across the organization. This is one of the most cross-functional roles within our organization.
Who we are:
Summit Public Schools is a leading charter management organization serving diverse communities in the San Francisco Bay Area and Washington State with currently 11 schools serving over 2,400 students. Summit’s mission is to ensure that every student has the opportunity to not only attend, but succeed in, a four-year college or university. Driven by our unwavering commitment to our core values, Summit works every day to ensure our students are receiving a world-class education. We seek phenomenal individuals with the talents needed to transform children's lives, as well as those who are interested in working on the cutting edge of education. If you're excited by the prospect of transformative growth for yourself, as well as the students, schools, and communities we serve, Summit may be the place for you!
- 99 percent of Summit students have been accepted to one or more four-year colleges, and its graduates are completing college at double the national average
- Fast Company named Summit Public Schools a top 10 most innovative organization in education
- Our two flagship schools, Summit Prep and Everest, are named among US News & World Report's Best High Schools of 2015, and also ranked among America's Most Challenging High Schools by the Washington Post
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Ensure data and systems side of nationally recognized personalized learning process is seamless for students, teachers, and all staff
- Create reports in Tableau, Illuminate, Excel, and other reporting systems as needed
- Create master schedule for the organization’s sites, ensuring that underlying philosophies are reflected in the schedule for each site
- Ensure information systems are functional and easy to access for all relevant stakeholders, including initial setup and ongoing maintenance of each system. This includes account provisioning with Illuminate, Curriculet, Khan Academy, Reading Plus, NWEA MAP, and other tools as needed.
- Ensure all relevant student data from external sources (MAP, EPAS, state testing, etc) is maintained in Summit’s systems
- Ensure organization complies with all state and federal data security policies
- Support all state, federal, and other required information reporting (e.g. CALPADS, SARCs, etc) for schools, partnering with school-based personnel to ensure accuracy of all information reported state reporting process to ensure our reporting is accurate, reliable, compliant, and on-time
- Support recruitment, enrollment, and lottery process across the organization
- Assess and recommend data management software solutions as needed. Assist with the evaluation and implementation of systems, technologies, and practices related to data management
- Facilitate PD opportunities for teachers and other school-based personnel around information systems and data-driven decision making
- Partner with relevant parts of the organization on special projects to bring the data perspective to organizational developments
Key Qualities and Skills:
- Must be a natural problem solver
- Team player that thrives in collaborative environments
- Manages ambiguity and develops forward-moving solutions
- Resourceful and active learner
- Excellent interpersonal, writing, communication and presentation skills
- Exceptional project management and organizational skills with exceptionally strong attention to detail
- Ability to analyze and assess quantitative and qualitative data
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment under tight deadlines
- Strong fluency with Microsoft Excel and Google Apps
- Willingness to learn SQL, Tableau, Python and other relevant data software
- Knowledge of database structures and systems
- Ability to build and maintain systems that enhance organizational efficiency
- Adaptability—can thrive in a rapidly changing environment, and can learn the skills needed to meet the organization’s needs
Additional Skills Preferred:
- Administration/ use of Illuminate Education platform ideally, or other SIS platform
- Fluency with understanding database structures
- Writing and adapting SQL queries
- Visualizing data with Tableau
- Must have at least a bachelor’s degree (a Master’s Degree in Education or in a qualitative research based field preferred)
- Experience in Education (2+ years’ classroom teaching experience preferred)
- Meet health clearance, and pass the reference, background/criminal checks, per education code.