The Content Marketing Manager will work in partnership with the Director of Content Marketing and External Engagement team to develop compelling content that brings the Summit Learning story to life across a variety of channels and formats and inspires engagement and sharing.
This position calls for a passionate and experienced creative marketing professional to identify, produce, and measure the impact of engaging stories centered around schools, educators, and students. Sh/e would also be responsible for translating research, data, instructional materials, and other dense content and distilling it into shorter engaging and widely understandable content that builds brand awareness, generates demand, and creates thought leadership for Summit Learning. S/he will need to produce and measure the success of content for a variety of formats including web content, reports, social media content, blogs, videos, and talking points, as well as for a variety of audiences from educators to thought leaders to parents. Through tools such as Google Analytics, Google Data Studio, Facebook Insights, and Twitter Analytics, the Content Marketing Manager will be responsible for reporting out on the success and reach of content campaigns and storytelling initiatives. This would be an ideal position for a creative content marketer aiming to apply their writing and visual/written communications skills to their passion for education.
We are looking for a self-starter who isn't afraid to take initiative and dive deeply into a new role and build new systems to scale our message and programs. This position requires a team-oriented energetic professional who is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, and with a strong willingness and desire to learn.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Build brand awareness and create demand for Summit Learning with key audiences including educators, thought leaders and parents through compelling, engaging content
- Identify and produce story campaigns of schools, educators and students that will resonate with our key audiences.
- Translate research, reports, instructional and other dense content into shorter engaging and widely understandable content
- Develop engaging, shareable content in a variety of formats, including web content, reports, social media content, blogs, videos and talking points, among others
- Analyze digital marketing metrics to track and improve audience engagement and drive audience growth
- Build and maintain a content marketing dashboard and monthly report for communicating the reach and success of content campaigns and initiatives
- Develop fluency in using marketing tools including Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, Google Campaign URLs, Google Data Studio, and all relevant social media analytics tools
- Drive increased traffic and engagement on the Summit Learning blog
- Collaborate with Marketing Managers to increase social media referrals to the Summit Learning blog
- Construct and optimize tracked Google Analytics goals on the Summit Learning blog to generate action from increased readership of the blog (in the form of white paper downloads, Summit Learning applications, etc.)
- Work collaboratively across the team and functions to manage and deliver effective content
- Ensure content is consistent with our brand voice, style and tone
- Understand basic best practices of social media, web and email channels and develop content in formats that work best for each
- Work on building scalable, efficient processes to identify and develop stories and content
- Assist with management of creative agencies and contractors including designers, videographers, and writers
- Manage the Summit Learning blog and CMS, including scheduling, editing, and inputting guest and internal writer submissions
- Edit photographs and produce basic graphics for use on web and print collateral
Required skills and experience:
- The fundamental belief that all children can succeed in college and life
- Outstanding writing and storytelling skills
- Basic content design and layout skills using photo, video, and document editing tools
- Ability to find and produce compelling stories that serve as proof points for communications goals
- Ability to analyze research, data and other dense content to identify key points and build a narrative that illustrates key messages
- Ability to define, develop, assess and refine content based on feedback in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment and content performance analytics
- Proficiency in analyzing content performance via tools including Google Analytics
- Self starter who takes initiative identifying stories and creating content opportunities
- Strong project management skills
- Demonstrates flexibility, tenacity, resourcefulness, humility, and a growth mindset
- BA or BS Degree
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in a content production or marketing management.
- Experience in education a plus.
- Deep knowledge and passion for the needs of public schools and their students
- Understanding of educational technology
- Proficiency in GSuite, Google Analytics,Google Tag Manager, Google Data Studio, photo/video editing software, and social media a plus
About the External Engagement Team:
Summit Public Schools’ External Engagement team leads communications and marketing for Summit Learning. This team is responsible for raising awareness of, owning and driving the story around, and generating demand for Summit Learning, as well as shaping the national landscape to create the conditions that allow for more students to have a Summit Learning experience.
This team will play an integral role in our organization’s efforts to meet the demand for personalized learning, helping to nurture a favorable public image and ensuring communities across the country know about the opportunity.
Our team will highlight the most cutting-edge practices of personalized learning and showcase how and where it is working best across the country. We will also help interested teachers and public schools across the country, regardless of community or circumstance, to realize the personalized learning approach as accessible and attainable. And where we can, we intend to help network these schools with top colleges and universities, education policymakers and top employers to increase understanding as personalized learning spreads.