Who We Are:
Summit Public Schools is a leading charter management organization serving diverse communities in the San Francisco Bay Area and Washington State with currently 11 schools serving over 3,000 students. Summit’s mission is to ensure that every student has the opportunity to not only attend, but succeed in, a four-year college or university. Through the Summit Basecamp Program, we have partnered with over 100 public schools in twenty-seven states and the District of Columbia, and are providing over 20,000 students a truly personalized learning experience. Summit’s mission is to ensure that every student has the opportunity to not only attend, but succeed in, a four-year college or university.
Driven by our unwavering commitment to our core values, Summit works every day to ensure our students are receiving a world-class education. Summit seeks phenomenal individuals with the talents needed to transform children's lives, as well as those who are interested in working on the cutting edge of education. If you're excited by the prospect of transformative growth for yourself, as well as the students, schools, and communities we serve, Summit may be the place for you!
- 99 percent of Summit students have been accepted to one or more four-year colleges, and its graduates are completing college at double the national average
- Fast Company named Summit Public Schools a top 10 most innovative organization in education
- Our two flagship schools, Summit Prep and Everest, are named among US News & World Report's Best High Schools of 2015, and also ranked among America's Most Challenging High Schools by the Washington Post
- Summit Sierra, in Seattle, was named one of the most innovative schools in the world
Summit Public Schools is seeking an Intervention Specialist who will play an integral role in supporting the success of our students in meeting their personalized learning goals. The specialist will facilitate classes where students learn content, improve literacy and math skills, and build the strong study skills and habits needed to be successful in high school and college. Additional elements of the classes include building student non-cognitive skills, academic mindsets, and emotional intelligence. The successful candidate will also be able to build strong relationships with students and their families.
The Intervention Specialist is a full-time member of the Summit Tahoma (San Jose) faculty and will work collaboratively with faculty members to develop school culture. We encourage you to apply today and review this sample schedule to better understand the structure of our school day and the important role that the Intervention Specialist will play in our school’s success.
- Teach sections of Summit Reads, Summit Solves, and/or Personalized Learning Time
- Tutor small groups of students in literacy and mathematics, as well as in core subject areas
- Build relationships with students and families
- Communicate regularly with student mentors and families about student progress
- Uphold Summit culture, norms, and expectations
- Participate in professional development and coaching
- Participate in weekly site Leadership Team and Grade Level Team meetings
- Attend all Summit organization-wide and site-specific professional development days
- Support needs of school site, as appropriate
- Bachelor’s degree
- Interest in a career in education
- Dedication to growth and improvement
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Enjoys working with high school students
- Able to integrate feedback
- Strong communication and writing skills
- Relentless work ethic
- Grit and determination
- Meet health clearance, and pass the reference, background/criminal checks, per education code