Summit Preparatory High School is searching for a temporary Office Assistant in Redwood City, from May 9th through September 29th, 2017. This position pays between $18 and $25 per hour.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Office Assistant (OA) supports the school leadership team to provide a warm, welcoming and organized environment. As the first person that people see when they arrive, the OA is the face of the school and delivers first-class customer service to families, students, and other visitors. The OA also keeps the office neat, helping to ensure that daily operations run smoothly.
Who we are:
Summit Public Schools is a leading charter management organization serving diverse communities in the San Francisco Bay Area and Washington State with currently 11 schools serving over 2,400 students. Summit’s mission is to ensure that every student has the opportunity to not only attend, but succeed in, a four-year college or university. Driven by our unwavering commitment to our core values, Summit works every day to ensure our students are receiving a world-class education. We seek phenomenal individuals with the talents needed to transform children's lives, as well as those who are interested in working on the cutting edge of education. If you're excited by the prospect of transformative growth for yourself, as well as the students, schools, and communities we serve, Summit may be the place for you!
- 99 percent of Summit students have been accepted to one or more four-year colleges, and its graduates are completing college at double the national average
- Fast Company named Summit Public Schools a top 10 most innovative organization in education
- Our two flagship schools, Summit Prep and Everest, are named among US News & World Report's Best High Schools of 2015, and also ranked among America's Most Challenging High Schools by the Washington Post
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Welcome visitors at front desk and create a warm, welcoming and organized environment
- Respond to public inquiries. This includes answering phones and emails, checking voicemails, sending robocalls/robotexts, responding to questions from families and students and assisting faculty with inquires
- Process late arrivals and early dismissals and follow up with families of absent students
- Maintain daily attendance reports and verify teacher daily attendance; prepare weekly attendance reports
- Manage daily breakfast and lunch service. This includes supervising deliveries, operating point of sale, collecting payments
Front Desk Management
- Receive, distribute, and prepare mail and shipments
- Maintain school supply areas and assist with inventory control
- Maintain office equipment and ensure that copier, fax and postage meter are always in working order
- Coordinate distribution of loaners (laptops, headphones, chargers)
- Collect money for student lunch balances etc. and provide receipts for each transaction
- Enter student enrollment data, update student info, and process student data for exits/withdrawals
- Assist Operations Managers as needed
- Other duties as assigned
*This includes work during Summer of Summit. We’re including this in lieu of hiring OM interns every year to perform the same responsibilities.
Key Qualities and Skills:
- Commitment to mission. Shares belief that all students are capable of being college ready and willing to go above and beyond to serve children and their communities
- Fit with values and culture. Displays core characteristics of compassion, courage, curiosity, respect, responsibility, and integrity; demonstrates a growth mindset; able to give and receive honest, actionable and timely feedback
Excellent relationship building and communication skills. Can effectively communicate verbally and in writing with diverse stakeholders including teachers, families, and students; shows empathy; demonstrates customer-service mindset
- Outstanding organizational skills and obsession with detail. Sweats the small stuff
- Strong track record of execution. Gets things done in a timely manner while balancing multiple tasks at the same time; is reliable; follows through without follow-up
- Positive and flexible attitude. Is adaptable; open to changes and new ideas; enjoy fast-paced environment
- Fluency in English and Spanish required
- School and/or office experience highly preferred
- Comfort with Google Apps and Microsoft Office highly preferred
- Meet health clearance, and pass the reference, background/criminal checks, per education code.