As a strategic partner to the school sites and a supporting team member for the Executive Director of Expeditions, the College Readiness Expeditions teacher is responsible for:
- Inspiring a diverse group of 11th grade students to understand the importance of college readiness and its accessibility. Be a consistent positive and motivating force for all of our students!
- Teaching College Readiness content (i.e. college entrance requirements, financial aid, finding right fit colleges, completing applications, etc.) to 11th grade Summit Public School students
- Collaborating with the Director of College Readiness, a partner College Readiness Teacher, and Expedition Team to enhance the college readiness efforts across our organization.
- Creating a challenging, differentiated, and high-quality College Readiness curriculum accessible to a diverse group of students, with the support of the Director of College Readiness.
- Communicating with students, families, fellow teachers, and student mentors about student progress in your class.
- Reaching out to external resources that can enhance the quality of the experience for students in your class.
- Contributing thoughtfully to the growth and success of College Readiness and the Expeditions Program.
To meet these goals, the Teacher partners with the Executive Director of Expeditions, other Expedition team members, and the Director of College Readiness.
- Commitment to uphold Summit’s values and belief that all children deserve a rigorous, college-preparatory education
- Teaching Credential preferred. If you have questions please review our credentialing FAQ document or contact us at email@example.com
- At least a Bachelor’s Degree (a Master’s Degree in Education is preferred but not required)
- Teaching experience in your subject preferred but not required
Instructional expertise in the following areas:
- Incredible passion about making college feel attainable to all students.
- Ability to connect with a diverse (including: first generation college bound students and those with a family history of college, low-income and high-income, racial and ethnic diversity) group of students quickly and build a positive classroom culture.
- Planning engaging, meaningful, and relevant curriculum.
- Open to feedback, coaching, and growth. Wants to consistently improve their performance and the performance of their students.
- Learns new technological platforms quickly.
- Professional, reliable, and excited to be a contributing member of a high-performing team!
- Youth leadership skills, especially around the coaching and direct management of teenagers.
- College Readiness content knowledge.
- Operates within the Expeditions budget
- Oversees part of budget operation related to specific courses
Why you and teachers you know should apply:
We believe passionately in giving innovative, impassioned, high-performing teachers the ability to work personally with students and to help our teachers grow into the reformers and leaders needed for school success. Summit does this by including faculty in our own highly progressive, personalized professional development and by providing a host of leadership opportunities within the organization. If you are a veteran teacher or just starting your teaching career and you have the ability to succeed with a diverse student body, to work independently in a dynamic organization, and to excel as a member of a team, then please apply to Summit Public Schools.